Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey DC,

......Today I set my on-board DVR and cameras to record front and rear video when the car is parked along with sound for security purposes.(minimal battery drain).
..... Next week I'm wiring a transmitter so I can tune to a cable TV channel on any TV within a 1/2 mile radius and see what my car sees live.:D

Anyways on with my story

It was dinner time and a Culver's DB Cheeseburger was on my mind so off I go a few blocks away.

..... I was inside eating and I could not see my car for my entire dinner. When I finished eating, I headed back home.
Along the way in front of me was an S10 pickup with dual exhaust (I thought, possible V8). I was behind him for about 5 blocks and he was making all kinds of unnecessary noise with his exhaust.
When I turned the corner he moved over and it looked to me like he slowed down a bit. I thought to my self , he can't be waiting for me....
When I got next to him they just looked over, I decided to kick my rear towards him about a foot and let my exhaust scream through his open window. I never saw them again. Probably a 4 cyl. :laughing: :laughing:

....Back home, I was checking out the video to see if it was worth posting. When I was going through it I was surprised to see someone walking around my car and kneeling.Then I notice he was only taking pictures (no key scratches). You can also see him in my rear view mirror. I'm going to be posting some candid car videos of people talking around my car, some are pretty funny.

Hey
I have an Idea .
I should start a show called "Candid Corvette Cam" or CCC and post all my Vette's video encounters in parking lots. I'll turn my mic on high sensitivity so I can hear them whisper,what do you guys think ? :rolling:

It looks like he likes my "AM WOODY" plates.:laughing:

Here's a link to the chopped video.
I shrunk it down from 500mb to 12mb for download purposes. You can still enlarge it and see pretty good
http://www.dpecorvettes.com/downloads/Driving Videos/culvers lunch.wmv

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: love the flyby.
That guy was kinda creepy though. Lot's of pics.:laughing:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pretty good stuff, but what was that "grinding" noise just as you dusted off the s-10????

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is an awesome video setup you have there. If you haven't considered it yet, you should offer it to customers when you open your shop. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to see what happens to their vehicle in parking lots.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
That is friggn sweet.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
that sumbitch sounds mean!!! :partyon:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Cool Stuff:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
I THOUGHT THE FUNNIEST PART WAS THE WAY YOU WASHED IT ALL DOWN WITH A SHAKE...:rolling:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice vid! Great idea!

As for the camera man, it could be a little weird to see someone snapping shots of your car, but from what I could see, he was taking shots from a view different angels, as opposed to just from directly in front, or directly from behind, which usually indicates he's trying to get some information regarding your plates. However, my gut feeling says he's just a "Vette enthuists" and admires your convertible and is trying to take 'professional like' shots...but hell! I could be wrong!

I think another thing to try and incorporate besides just being able to 'view' your car while parked, is setting up a microphone, so in the event that you're watching your car from a Wifi location and notice someone doing something weird...or you just want to have some fun, you can turn on the mic and say something like:

"Ummm...Excuse me! This is not your car! Therefore, I'll give you 10 seconds to STEP BACK before I automatically dial 9-1-1 and inform the local police department!"

Or better yet, something like:

"Hello! My name is Hal! What is your name?"
"Do you want to play a game?"
"I like playing Global Thermonuclear War!" "How about you?"

Or..or..Or....How about being able to automatically 'start the car'!
Imagine, you're sitting there watching this guy take pics, when all of sudden, you start up the car and say over the microphone:

"Dude...What are you doing?" "How would you like it if I took pics of your wife when you weren't looking? Leave me alone or I'm outta here!"...all the while the engine is just idling...ROFLMAO!!

PS: In the vid, at around the 2min mark, you're seeing shifting from 2nd to 3rd, but right before hitting 3rd gear, a loud 'shreaaakk' is heard...what was that? Maybe a S/C or something?

Ray

·
Banned
972 Posts
Mn that is funny

was this kid humping your car :lol:

·
Banned
972 Posts
MAn that blast of power was mean !!

where did you mount the cams ?

how much is that setup