Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I hate to say it, but I will never buy another corvette in my life. After having to replace a c6 z06 motor for $15,000 because of a faulty valve problem I will buy a vehicle that the manufacturer stands behind their warranty.
GM denied my warranty claim on my stock corvette and said the reason was because my PCM and valves were NOT stock. I was able to verify that both statements were false by GM. Valves have a GM Part number on them and the PCM numbers that are "supposedly" only available to GM were printed out by another dealership and compared to another like z06 and the numbers matched! Bottom line: GM will screw you out of your warranty any way that they can, buy from a company that doesn't need government bailouts. I still have the car, but now it has a brand new motor in it that I purchased. Currently for sale with 2,500 miles on the motor.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Aren't you giving up a bit early here? :huh:

I mean if the car is stock and under warranty I would not let go. You should escalate this and raise bloody hell - your dealership should help you here.

Reading your post, it leaves me the impression that you are not providing all facts and we are missing something to be able to conclusively stand behind you. I assume that this is because you are peeved by GM at this point in time, understandably so.

:cheers:

Cedric

·
Registered
339 Posts
If what you say is true about everything being compleyely stock, why didn't you lawyer up and take GM and the dealer to court, if you have proof?...Something is missing here?...:lookinup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
If your vette has never been touched by anyone how can this be?Is it out of warranty?2006-07? Even still,with such low mileage this is very disturbing.Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM resolves all claims through Arbitration. Request a arbitration through GM customer service. I did arbitration for a 2000 C5 which had a oil burning problem. Took GM to arbitration and won GM had to buy the car back. No lawyers needed and mine was a conference call (GM) where we met at a BBB office and each side had a chance to plea their case. Good Luck.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Well, I hate to say it, but I will never buy another corvette in my life. After having to replace a c6 z06 motor for $15,000 because of a faulty valve problem I will buy a vehicle that the manufacturer stands behind their warranty.
GM denied my warranty claim on my stock corvette and said the reason was because my PCM and valves were NOT stock. I was able to verify that both statements were false by GM. Valves have a GM Part number on them and the PCM numbers that are "supposedly" only available to GM were printed out by another dealership and compared to another like z06 and the numbers matched! Bottom line: GM will screw you out of your warranty any way that they can, buy from a company that doesn't need government bailouts. I still have the car, but now it has a brand new motor in it that I purchased. Currently for sale with 2,500 miles on the motor.

I feel your pain. I had a similar experience and GM refused me too. I built a new warhawk block in 2007 for a 2006 vehicle. Sold my trailblazer ss and my z06 guess what I have now! 2010 gt500 convertible, and a jeep cherokee for my wife. GM can go f themselves never again! All the bailout crap on the tax payers dollars they should have let them go under and restructure. GM MAKES A TRUCK AND A ZR1 THATS IT AND YOU ARE ALWAYS ON YOUR OWN! ALSO I WOULD NEVER BUY ANY VEHICLE FROM A NEW YORK DEALERSHIP AGAIN.

MOVE ON YOU WILL BE HAPPY COBRA JETS ARE ROCKIN NHRA

VOLT = JUNK

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

GM has honored every Warranty claim I have presented to them. If you are with in the scope of the warranty they have to. The above included a Z06 engine that was replaced free of charge to me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am the original owner of a 2007 Z06 and in May of this year at 25,500 miles I had transmission and rearend warranty work performed on my car without ANY problems from GM or the dealer, who maintains the car.

Sorry for your frustrations, but I have to believe, there is more to this story.

Happy New Year everyone! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
My experience with GM has been very different. They replaced my sway bar end links on my 05 numerous times and even when the car was completely out of warranty. Now I realize this isn't anywhere near as expensive as a Z06 engine, still they did it way out of warranty without me even asking.

I wouldn't give up just yet.;) If you like your Corvette's as much as I do, I'd keep on GM and the dealer to make it right. I'm sure if everything is on the up and up, they will stand by their product.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is a law specifically written for this. I have it in a safe place on my computer..somewhere :rolleyes:
But in layman's terms the manufacturer has to prove that a aftermarket part caused the damage before they can deny a claim.
But even that doesn't seem to be the case..in your case. Lets hear some details :huh:

They replaced my sway bar end links on my 05 numerous times and even when the car was completely out of warranty
REDHTC6GIRL
Lets be honest here..you could probably roll up to a dealership with a dead body sticking out of the windshield, and they would be finishing up buffing the hood, while the rest of us would be trying to get change for the coffee machine..:rolling:
Gary

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
REDHTC6GIRL
Lets be honest here..you could probably roll up to a dealership with a dead body sticking out of the windshield, and they would be finishing up buffing the hood, while the rest of us would be trying to get change for the coffee machine..:rolling:
Gary
You beat me to such a response ... how credible can she be on this kind of thing :crazy: :laughing:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I feel your pain. I had a similar experience and GM refused me too. I built a new warhawk block in 2007 for a 2006 vehicle. Sold my trailblazer ss and my z06 guess what I have now! 2010 gt500 convertible, and a jeep cherokee for my wife. GM can go f themselves never again! All the bailout crap on the tax payers dollars they should have let them go under and restructure. GM MAKES A TRUCK AND A ZR1 THATS IT AND YOU ARE ALWAYS ON YOUR OWN! ALSO I WOULD NEVER BUY ANY VEHICLE FROM A NEW YORK DEALERSHIP AGAIN.

MOVE ON YOU WILL BE HAPPY COBRA JETS ARE ROCKIN NHRA

VOLT = JUNK
I read a lot of anger in these posts and I could definitely understand if I was in the shoes of jrgeorge27 or clpspeed here why they are angry. Looking in from the outside though, I agree with others who say, A. This situation seems so ridiculous that you might be leaving some facts out or, B. This situation seems so ridiculous that with a little diligence and and resolve on your part (...and although this is the pot calling the kettle black, a little less anger) you could put the whole mess to bed. GM is like all large companies Ford included...they like to keep their dealerships between them and the customer as a little bit of a buffer. Really, its the individual dealerships that represent GM that either make the experience positive or negative and you need to focus some of your attention at why your dealership is not on your side. I have to believe that you are not quite to the point that need to give up driving one of the truly great cars in the world and slunk off in defeat, forced to buy a lesser performing vehicle. Anyway, jrgeorge27, I hope you get it resolved soon and with no more hassle.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Go to another dealership! I have had tons of stuff covered by GM and my car has been heavily modified. They have been great with me every time. The dealership has a lot of control. Go to another dealership.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm having trouble with the story. You said you had the car towed to the dealership from where it sat when it stopped working. But in your other thread,

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145782

the dealership replied and said it arrived with parts off or missing from the engine. What happened to the car between when it blew and when it arrived at said dealership?

·
Registered
93 Posts
sorry to hear about the dealer issues, I remember several years ago, when I bumped it this woman at a shop, and asked her why she got rid of her vette, she got upset just talking about it, all I got out of it was I had so many problems with the dealer not correting problems that were covered under warranty, I didn't go further with, as the dark clouds came over us..lol. but I had a buddy who bought a new camaro that had issues think it was engine related, the dealer told him to take it to someone else after several attemps to correct but was unable to fix problem.. now I know I had my share of new car issues with a dealer, there was a recall, and they were booked, so they had to schedule me in approx 5 weeks ( they had a deadline on when they would not warranty for the recall) so when I brought my car in for the $1400 repair, they said the dealine ended 5 days prior, I said you guys made the date, you guys said you were booked, all I got was sorry cant help yea..
sometimes these things happen, I am sure it's not often, but it does happen.. but if there was a $15,000 out of pocket exspense I would definetly get a lawyer..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts