Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My letter is in Corvette Fever!!

I wrote Corvette Fever a letter & when I recieved my november issue (page 15) I noticed it was posted!:excited: Too bad I wasnt posting here when I wrote it (I would have definetly mentioned this place!) cause they listed my clubs forum,club name & my website in it!!! Anyone else ever have a letter posted or get thier car featured in a magazine?:huh: I sent them lots of pictures of my car....Andy Bolig (one of the editors) told me my photos were in a "user file" but he couldnt tell me when I would be in it.....The day I open up the magazine & see my car in it I will be sooo siked!:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
They mentioned my name in there once. I e-mailed them about The Vettewrench when they were looking for top shops.

There were a few times I wanted to write them a letter and it wasn't going to be about my car or top shops. I was not happy with that mag so I dropped my subscription instead.

I hope you get your car in there. :cheers: They have at least one featured car a month whose owner is on CF.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by War Machine ...<br>
They mentioned my name in there once. I e-mailed them about The Vettewrench when they were looking for top shops.

There were a few times I wanted to write them a letter and it wasn't going to be about my car or top shops. I was not happy with that mag so I dropped my subscription instead.

I hope you get your car in there. :cheers: They have at least one featured car a month whose owner is on CF.<br>
So you had issues with the mag....like what?:huh: I hope my car makes it in someday.:lookinup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
For one I don't like that arrogant prick Dave Emmanuel (sp?), second reason is they have really weak tech articles, thirdly the C4 tech talk usually has only 2 reader letters, the other generations tech cover more letters and last but most important was I was getting it 3rd week of the month. I'd read so much about the current issue on the forums that by the time I get the mag, I already knew most of what was in it.

I still read it though b/c there are some things like the news and auction results. The guys at PHP have a subscription and they keep it in the waiting area. I'll be looking for ya in there. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eric,

I saw your letter!!! It's exciting to see your name in print, isn't it?:excited: As you know, I was featured a couple of years ago in Corvette Fever's "Ladies" issue...with my '88 yellow convertible, "Lemon Peel". Just recently, I had to write them a letter of correction as they had misquoted the number of Grand Sports in a previous issue. It was entitled "Tsk! Tsk!"...was in the Letters to the Editor page a couple of months later!

Now, maybe in the Ladies issue of Vette magazine??

Elaine

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by GS Diva ...<br>
Eric,

I saw your letter!!! It's exciting to see your name in print, isn't it?:excited: As you know, I was featured a couple of years ago in Corvette Fever's "Ladies" issue...with my '88 yellow convertible, "Lemon Peel". Just recently, I had to write them a letter of correction as they had misquoted the number of Grand Sports in a previous issue. It was entitled "Tsk! Tsk!"...was in the Letters to the Editor page a couple of months later!

Now, maybe in the Ladies issue of Vette magazine??

Elaine<br>
It sure is!!:excited: I remember seeing you correct them for not knowing the amount of Grand Sports produced......I cant believe they botched that!:rolleyes: I also remember the Lemon Peel spread. Congrats on both & good luck on getting in Vette magazine!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Hey let me know if you are in Vette Magazine because that's the one I get.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
:cool:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Cool! Congrats!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: My letter is in Corvette Fever!!

Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
I wrote Corvette Fever a letter & when I recieved my november issue (page 15) I noticed it was posted!
Can you check the November issue to see if there is a report about the C5-R switching to a Tiptronic transmission? It's supposed to have no clutch pedal.

I think the article says that Corvette Racing switched to a sequential 5-speed Hewland transaxle witha normal dry-plate clucth. Could you peruse the magazine and provide a definitive answer?

Thanks.

Ray

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
wasn't Brandt's G.S. in the last issue of corvette fever?i know it was i just got that issue,i can't believe i get my mags so late compaired to you guys.vette mag was the same way,i booted there ass.:laughing: these guys might get the boot as well..:nuts:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: My letter is in Corvette Fever!!

Originally posted by RT66Z06 ...<br>
Can you check the November issue to see if there is a report about the C5-R switching to a Tiptronic transmission? It's supposed to have no clutch pedal.

I think the article says that Corvette Racing switched to a sequential 5-speed Hewland transaxle witha normal dry-plate clucth. Could you peruse the magazine and provide a definitive answer?

Thanks.

Ray<br>
Yes there is a great articl about the new tranny setup....No clutch just a lever you push up & down where the shifter always has been.:excited:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My letter is in Corvette Fever!!

Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
Yes there is a great articl about the new tranny setup....No clutch just a lever you push up & down where the shifter always has been.:excited:<br>
Can you quote a section of the article? Specifically any mention of how they transmit the torque from the flywheel to the transaxle. And this is an article about the C5-R, right? Not an article about the C6/XLR transmission?

Oh, and do they have a link to that article on-line?

Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Re: Re: My letter is in Corvette Fever!!

Originally posted by RT66Z06 ...<br>
Can you quote a section of the article? Specifically any mention of how they transmit the torque from the flywheel to the transaxle. And this is an article about the C5-R, right? Not an article about the C6/XLR transmission?

Oh, and do they have a link to that article on-line?

Thanks<br>
I left the magazine home...I believe it was the c-5 race car with new commerative paint.:huh: You chould go buy the magazine...lots of great articles in it!:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts