Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
So realistic, I love it. Feels like you can walk right into one of those garages and drive off in a Vette. Nice work!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RDHTC6GIRL said:
So realistic, I love it. Feels like you can walk right into one of those garages and drive off in a Vette. Nice work!
What a wonderful tribute to your dad. I am sure God blessed him and your family. The models are nice too.
Thank you both very much! Those were my goals with the website... as well as inspiring others to be creative in displaying their collections.

Brent

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very nice, good pics too
Thanks! Actually, I'm thinking of getting a camera... right now I'm using the 5 megapixel camera on my Samsung Omnia phone. Considering the fact that its a phone... it does really well, but it kinda difficult to get the pictures to come out good. Yet, all the pics on the website were taken with the phone :surprised

Thanks again, Brent

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Nice job, Brent. I don't know what you do for a living,

but you ought to be a designer, architect or builder.

Thats some of the best work I've seen. Pop ought to

be real proud........Larry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice job, Brent. I don't know what you do for a living,

but you ought to be a designer, architect or builder.

Thats some of the best work I've seen. Pop ought to

be real proud........Larry
Thanks, Larry. You are quite intuitive. I went to school for architectual and mechanical drafting, back when we did it by hand with pencils, scales, T-squares, and triangles. Computer aided drafting was just starting then. I started drafting maps for the local cable company... for the last 15 years or so, I do the cable electronics system design. I also pastor a church and hope to be able to do it full time some day... maybe sell the model designs on the website as a side line.

I miss the standard compliment that I used to get from my Dad, "Hey, you're not as dumb as you look, but then again, how could you be?" :laughing:

Brent

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Brent, anything new on your horizon...:thumbsup:
Well, I'm glad you asked. I quit my full time job (actually retired without a pension, since it had been 25yrs there) and now I'm full time in the ministry. But since I'm only working one job now... I'm wanting to do some more models and expand the website.

I have plans of making a 24th scale garage kit available for sale and maybe trying to sell 24th scale slot cars that I've designed. The slot cars have carbon fiber chassis, use Parma parts, and are made to be run on home tracks like Carrera.

Now that summer is over... I hope to get started on those projects.

·
Super Moderator
10,121 Posts
Brent, you not only have a good eye for the level of detail needed for the scale, you have excellent execution skills.

Great Diaramas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts