Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2009 Z06 back from the Radio Shop! Tell me what you guys think. All work curtesy of Suburban Radio in Oaklyn, NJ.

The car:

They took the center dash speaker and made a custom pod to hold two tweeters which were component speakers with 8" woofers that were custom made to fit in the doors.

The back speakers were replaced with 2 5 1/4" 2 way Coaxial (ALPSPSPS500).

The rear was a custom made subwoofer box and amp rack housing a JL 750 Watt Mono Amp and a JL Digital 4 Channel Amp (JLAHD750/1 & JLAHD600/4) with two 13.5" JL Thin Subwoofers (JLA13TW5-3).

This is all powered by the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT. So tell me what you guys think? Personally I love it and sounds great!

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 grand when all said and done. Speakers, amps, custom work. Took about 2 weeks. One of the reasons why I did it now, since she's hibernating in the garage for spring. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
sweet install.Can the lights be turned off for night driving?I have a blue glow from my amps and cap -- kinda distracting when they reflect off the glass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lights are actually connected to the interior lights. So they only turn on when you open the hatch and they shut off as soon as all the doors are closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts