Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it feels new!!!!!!!!!!!

The rain FINALLY stopped... so I've had a few nice dry days to check out the results of my new fuel filter and gutted cats.

Uh... is this the same car, kids?

Results? I can BARELY hang onto the car when I stab the gas at 30 mph, any street, any time. and I can spin the tires on the 2-3 shift at over 80 mph!!! It pulls and pulls!

I am going to make some calls to see if any of the drag strips are still open. I am driving on quite a few tickets right now, I don't want to push my luck on the street.

This car is running downright wicked!!! It's easily in the 12's like it should be.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I'm jealous. 12's, must be nice. :) Good idea about the drag strip, not sure you can take computers and all to jail nowadays.:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Only if I could convince my dad to get new exhaust. Hopefully you can get that GS to the track and get some runs in.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you think the same results would occur with my 2000' C5? Would I throw any codes? Would high flow cats give close to the same results?:huh:

·
Registered
379 Posts
you will definatly have to let us know what the quarter mile times are since you wont know a dyno result of how much power you gained by gutting the cats. what are you running before? 12.9?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1996man said:
you will definatly have to let us know what the quarter mile times are since you wont know a dyno result of how much power you gained by gutting the cats. what are you running before? 12.9?
The car started off the summer at 13.08 @ 109. Then, the car got slower and slower and slower....

Turns out the fuel filter was SERIOUSLY clogged.... most likely causing a fuel pressure issue at higher RPM.

And, gutting the cats is the BIGGEST restriction in the exhaust system. I cannot believe this car now. I feel like I got back the 15 hp I lost on the fuel issue, and another 20hp on the gutting of the cats.

It's a monster, not kiddin. You should change your fuel filter YEARLY. I use the best fuel, highest octane, best detergents, but that sucker was blocked up!

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
When are you going. I would love a reaon to go to the track. My car is at home but i am not far from GLD. Let us know when you are heading up to GLD. I might be able to go.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sidepipes79 said:
When are you going. I would love a reaon to go to the track. My car is at home but i am not far from GLD. Let us know when you are heading up to GLD. I might be able to go.
GLD is closed for the season, but RT 41 drag strip is open year round on days over 40 degrees.

But, I have to check into that....

I want to get a run in before snow, that's for sure. The car is running like a cheetah zapped with a stun gun!!!!!!!:laughing:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts