Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, big thanks to Vince and the team at iForged. I am happy to repost it's another deal gone perfect!

Here are the first pics of my new wheels. My old stuff was a set of 18x10 & 19x11" iForged Aero's in Hyperblack. 2" lip in front and a 3" lip out back. They were the first wheels to get the Hyperblack finish from iForged and set a new standard for the company. They have now been replaced with iForged Daytona's in 19x9.5 & 20x11" sizes.

Today, I got in my new set of wheels, which are another first for iForged. They are the first set of the new Xtreme Lip Technology designs made for a Corvette. The new XLT design allows for a 2.5" lip in front that will now fit a big brake kit, and a 4" lip out back to maximize that aggressive look. I have examined these very closely and am pleased to say that the build quality looks excellent.....even better than before. The center section where it bolts to the hub is sturdier and the spokes look stronger and have seemingly more depth.

The Hyperblack fnish has also come a long way as well. It seems much more uniform and evenly coated over the wheel surface. The polished finish is flawless and I couldn't locate a flaw anywhere on the front or rear lip. I am extremely pleased. The only shortcoming is that there are currently no tires available in the sizes I need, so it looks like this will be the look for at least a month or so. Check out the pics and lemme know what you think!

Aloha, Dave

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,761 Posts
Those are sharp:thumbsup:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Those are outstanding. Would like to see pics when you have tires on them and they are on your Corvette.

:cheers: :thumbsup:

By the way, which light kit do you have?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wcdove said:
Those are outstanding. Would like to see pics when you have tires on them and they are on your Corvette.

:cheers: :thumbsup:

By the way, which light kit do you have?
I agree....I think they will really come out when they're mounted and the car is slammed back on the road.

I got Specterwerkes C5R Projectors with the Stage II HID's.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
897 Posts
EFI-1 said:
I agree....I think they will really come out when they're mounted and the car is slammed back on the road.

I got Specterwerkes C5R Projectors with the Stage II HID's.:thumbsup:
Mahalo.

Have a great week.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Oh baby! Get some rubber on those tires fast, you are being a total tease just throwing those wheels up!
:laughing:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey Dave,
the wheels look great . you know i am a big fan of yours and i've been waiting to see what you had up your sleeve. my only concern is the front tire size, i hope you don't go with anything larger then a 245/30/19. i find my car does track a lot more with the wider then stock tires on front. i'm sure the roads over there are in better shape then ours in new york so maybe that doesn't effect you as much. i have a funny feeling you might even go smaller then that after seeing the 9 1/2" front rims. i think a 235/30/19 would look sweet and help the car handle much better then the old 245/35/18 pirelli's did. anyway good luck they look sweet. let me know how you like the new HIDs i need to make a move away from the original specter werkes setup.i can't see **** at night.

later,
tom

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback gang.

Pat, if you or anyone else knows a hook-up on tires (Continental or Michelin) please let me know.

Tom, thanks buddy. I am going wider than 245's actually. In order to match the sidewall profile from front to rear, I will need to stick with a 265 at least. I have no problems with tracking/tram-lining here fortunately. I will be sure to post up the pics and feedback on the wheel & tire combo.

Aloha, Dave:cheers:

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
u aint going to be going fast without rubber on them rims.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
EFI-1 said:

Pat, if you or anyone else knows a hook-up on tires (Continental or Michelin) please let me know.

What's the prob... are the tires on backorder?

·
Registered
388 Posts
EFI-1 said:

Tom, thanks buddy. I am going wider than 245's actually. In order to match the sidewall profile from front to rear, I will need to stick with a 265 at least. I have no problems with tracking/tram-lining here fortunately. I will be sure to post up the pics and feedback on the wheel & tire combo.

265s on 9 1/2" rims. i didn't know you could go that big on that size rim. i'm sure it will look great. what sidewall profile are you shooting for 25 or 30? just don't hit a pothole. did you install the lights yet. please be sure to let us know if it is easier then the original installation. we love to see pictures as you install them.
tom

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very Nice Indeed!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

:excited: :excited: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts