Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fabbed Aluminum Valve Covers (pics)

Hey my DC buddies
......Just finished installing new aluminum valve covers and billet coil relocation brackets and thought I would share some pics.

The main reason why I purchased them was because boost will be on the rise soon to about 20psi with the F1R . I wanted to evacuate the crankcase from the left side as well as the right side valve covers. I also had AN-12 fittings welded on them for that purpose. I could have purchased another right side cover and put it on the left side, but by the time I made another adapter piece to convert it to AN fittings, I could have these for a little more money and less work. They are tall so I did away with my valve cover spacers I had installed to clear the rockers.
...... Some custom longer 11.4mm Taylor 409 plug wires are on the way due to the coil relocation brackets. I had to make these with truck wires to get by for now until they arrive.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's cool i guess...if you like, the most freekin awesome C6 on the planet.

you know, if you get off on custom fab and 1000 hp. it's ok i s'pose

not bad, is I guess what i'm saying

you can't just get it from the dealer like that? 8LT Z09 :huh:

Your car is SICK! I want to see you run that yellow C6 with the C5R motor!

I got $50 on you and he's rated at 1450hp or something!

I cant wait to see the ### you put up with your traction control system!!

YOU SIR ARE A MADMAN!!! With awe and respect...Jack

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VFPreacher, Thank you for the kind remarks :thumbsup:

07 Z51
......Thanks for the comps and I'm Very honored you would put your money on my "DPE built F1R" motor over NORM'S high dollar "LPE built TT" beast.
But then again, traction is where it's at with this much power on tap, that's for sure and who ever puts more of it on the pavement wins.
So I guess I do have a fighting chance after all. :laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Awesome Mod Perry.

Just think about all the time you will have on your hands once you have customized every inch of that car, and there is nothing left to do.

Now if you could just get yellow vettes to stop doing donuts in front of your house.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Damn!!! :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Very Sweet:thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome Mod Perry.

Just think about all the time you will have on your hands once you have customized every inch of that car, and there is nothing left to do.

Now if you could just get yellow vettes to stop doing donuts in front of your house.
That's funny.:laughing:

Would you believe the marks are still there. I see them every time I pull out of my driveway..
:cheers:

·
Registered
752 Posts
absolutely amazing work! :partyon: what is it that you do for a living again? i'll be sure to make that my major down at school. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Man...those look great. If anything the LS motors really suffer from all the coil pack clutter on top vs. the old small block clean cover look.

You did an awesome job building the coil brackets.

I tell you though, if somebody could come up with a way to mount them on the edge of the oil pain on both side and run the wires up - so they couldn't be seen at all....now that would be hot.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
nice job perry. i been looking for something to trim down the stock brackets. with these work on the stock valvecovers in the stock local?

I tell you though, if somebody could come up with a way to mount them on the edge of the oil pain on both side and run the wires up - so they couldn't be seen at all....now that would be hot.
t5hat would be nice but a wiring night mare. the way the ls harness is set up almost all the wireing runs along the top of the vavle covers. would be neat if that wasn't the case

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
nice job perry. i been looking for something to trim down the stock brackets. with these work on the stock valvecovers in the stock local?

t5hat would be nice but a wiring night mare. the way the ls harness is set up almost all the wireing runs along the top of the vavle covers. would be neat if that wasn't the case

I've seen a bracket for the F body guys that relocates them to the lip under the windshield (those engines virtually sit under the dash) - so they can sport just the valve covers and intake. The problem on the Vette is there is no where to tuck them along the back.

I don't know if a wire extension would be too bad to go around the back of the heads and down - but I just don't think there would be room between the motor mounts and other stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts