Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i dont have one yet :( but i have found one, its a 63' split window, beautiful car!, well it will be, this is going to be a project for me and my dad for the next few years. so this thing is beat down kinda hard its going for $1500, i have actually found a few of these in around this price range. i just hope i can pick this car up before someone else does.

im in college and my grandfather is paying for the car (as long as it is a project car) so im not sure if i will get this car in time but hey thats not what im really hear to ask. because i will be getting one in the near future weather it be this one i have found or not.

i havent ever really worked on cars, so this is going to be a learning expierance for me, while i also take a few basic *shop* classes at my school. so i guess what im saying is im most likely here to stay, and am probably going to be asking some very in depth questions (probably dumb ones by most of your standereds) so please dont poke too much fun lol! my dad hasnt really ever worked on cars either, although we will have friends helping from time to time, and of course the books.

but, now that i know that im going to be getting this car i gotta ask where would i get parts for one of these things. i mean the cheapest possible way, used is good as long as its not damaged, i figured your the people that would know.

also we arnt building this to be a genuine 63' vette, which i know some people dont like, but for those who do like to soup things up a little bit, what companies products go best with vettes. im not talking about the very best but we want to use nice aftermarket parts. not for the body that will stay stock, but the guts and suspention are going to be "upgraded".

anything you have to say would be helpful, im saving all helpful replies to disc so i can look back when the time comes to using the information you give to me. so elaberate all you want and respect eachothers opinions.

and hey in a good four or five years or so when i compleatly finish this car, ill still be on the site showing her off, and helping new commers to the corvette community.

Shea-

ps. at this time we dont know what our budget is so we dont know how fast we will be moving with it but like i said before i will be saving all info you give me so even if it takes a while to catch up and get the parts ill still have your advice.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Can you tell us more about the '63? Color, motor, interior... other options.... what condition is it in? Is it driveable? What is it missing?

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
i have found one, its a 63' split window, beautiful car!, well it will be, this is going to be a project for me and my dad for the next few years. so this thing is beat down kinda hard its going for $1500, i have actually found a few of these in around this price range.
I would like to find another 63-67 project car for $1500. You say you have found a few around this price range. For that price around here all I can find are maybe a rear quarter panel or wrecked door. Please PM me with a rolling C2 around that price. I will name my next kid after you along with a finder fee.

As far as parts, you might hit the swap meets and car shows. It would surprise you what people have in their garage.

Good luck and let's see some pictures when available. Before and after.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the car i was just about to get *sold!

o well i guess ill have another chance some time, i dont NEED one until summer so yeah there is still time, the cars i saw were just in really crappy shape (of course) they were mostly primer or multi colors. with mainly stripped paint. they were in no way in driving order. one had an engine (original) but it didnt run.

the pages i found these are updated often so when these come and go the pics go with them, the one that sold that i foudn was on ebay of all places. so it was an auction but i did see it sold for 1500. and then it went..... :(

o well ill have more chances and thanks for that bit of info i hope to be plesently surprized by what someone may have in thier garage... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts