Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, tell me what you think? like em? or... don't like em?... its cool eather way... But, i love em!!!:D:D:D:D:D

The TRW spring rubs on the drum in a hard turn.... got to space em out 1/4" or file down the trw spring 1/4+"..... figure that out later...:lurk:

so.......:D:flag:

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone.... here is more detail on the tires and rims:

Custom made for me Centerlines, 2 pice rims....They think they may add them to there lineup now...
Front 245-45-18 wheels 18X8 4"bs
Rear 275-45-18 wheels 18X10 5"bs
Tires BF Goodritch, G-Force KDW-2

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
nice, you should be able to bump up to 285s on the rear if need be. not sure if your clearence though. I would think you could get bigger than 245s on the front though. your tires may be a tad to tall you may want your next set to be 40 profile instead of 45 for the front

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Vette looks nice with those wheels. Can't wait to finish

my rims and get tires for them. Good lookin' paint on your

ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
H:smokin:T
Actually, PerrrFect comes to mind.........:thumbsup:...........you have got yourself one very fine 79.:D I like the location of the valve stems..very stealthy:devil:
..........sure does bring back some very, very fond memories:thud:

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice, you should be able to bump up to 285s on the rear if need be. not sure if your clearence though. I would think you could get bigger than 245s on the front though. your tires may be a tad to tall you may want your next set to be 40 profile instead of 45 for the front
I was going to go to 285's but got worried about fitment and chickened out...... next set:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
those do look goood! if they add them to their lineup, i might have to start saving up lol

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
H:smokin:T
Actually, PerrrFect comes to mind.........:thumbsup:...........you have got yourself one very fine 79.:D I like the location of the valve stems..very stealthy:devil:
..........sure does bring back some very, very fond memories:thud:
Thank you, That was a very nice complement...Took me 4 months to decide on and finish the design...

These cars are very difficult to put rims on, unlike C45 or 6, the C3 has so many lines on her already that a complex design dosnt look good... so simple is best imho.... and to me brushed is perfect for the finish, again... less blingie...

but that is jmho.... nothing more... peace..:cheers:

·
I'm related so I get a title.
212 Posts
I think they look outstanding and am impressed by the stance the car has. Keep loving it. By the way, the smell of the tires is the best part of the purchase.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
These cars are very difficult to put rims on, unlike C45 or 6, the C3 has so many lines on her already that a complex design dosnt look good... so simple is best imho....
:agree:

They look great. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts