Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got it last night for a unheard of price.....it runs and drives but it is very rough altho it is all there:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Tell us more about that pup! Certainly there is a story of how you found it...

Price?!? Do tell...

How original is it? Miles? Year? Motor?

:excited:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Tell us more about that pup! Certainly there is a story of how you found it...

Price?!? Do tell...

How original is it? Miles? Year? Motor?

:excited:
Yes, do tell :excited:

We always like to hear these stories.

:D :D

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, looks like a project alright. C'mon out with the details. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I sent him an e-mail and told him to get his butt over here and tell us "the rest of the story".

He's such a tease! :laughing:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all right all right....i always wanted a mid year and never really looked for one.......i always had a C4 or a C5 and at the time i have both....then on saturday i am at work reading the paper(great job i have)and i see a 65 roadster project car for $9000 firm...........i grabbed the phone and called...a lady answered and i asked a few questions.....i asked if it was complete?? she said yes.....then i asked if it run?? she said of course.....then she said she thought it drove even......i ran right over and looked at it......when i first seen it my heart pounded....i seen the 427 badges on the hood...and i got instant WOOD!!!!!!! but it is and was a small block car....so i made a lowball offer and he upped it a bit.......we finally agreed on 6750.00 cash.....and i had a tow truck pick it up......the owner said he never drove it at all ...he trailered it only to a brake shop and a exhaust shop.....so sunday morning my 11 y/o daughter says lets go cruise it....i started it up and then drained the gas and changed oil......checked it out for safety things and off we went for a 1/2 hour drive......it drives like a 38 year old car:surprised :surprised but not to bad.... the muncie linkage wont let me into first gear......but it has enough poop to start in second no problem.....all the gauges and speedo and tach all work perfectly........after the 1/2 hour drive the temp was at 210 and when i shut her off in the driveway she decided to puke all the nasty coolant on the ground......i cant blame her tho...she hasnt been licensed since 1991........any more questions ...i will answer a little sooner this time:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
You are a lucky SOB. I want a mid year project car. Keep us updated on it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i plan on restoring the body and interior....under the hood will be a beast......maybe a 502 or something cool and noisy....daytime pics soon:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pulled the valve covers tonight to adjust the noisy(solid lifter)rockers and low and behold ......a set of 461 heads with scew in studs and guide plates.........the block code shows it to be a 73 350 eng..... i wonder if those heads came stock on this 65???? and are they 2.02 or 1.94 heads......:D :D

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
You are one lucky SOB! I'd love to have that car as a project!!! Congrats on the find :thumbsup:

T

·
0 Posts
Cool. This put a smile on my face. Now maybe I will get off my butt and start hunting for a project...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts