Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently run a 600cfm Edelbrock carb and I think the old 750cfm Holley that I retired over two years ago might be a better choice for my 383ci SB.

Here's the old Holley (photo is >2 years old). It was running very rich and fouled my spark plugs, the old 350 ran a lot better after I installed the Edelbrock carb.

Is it worth the effort ? I'll have to disassemble and clean the carb and maybe install new jets ... guess I'll see when I have it apart ???

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
Personally I like the Edelbrock carbs. I would stick with the Edelbrock! :thumbsup:

If you are street driving and not running at the track, a smaller CFM carb will be much more responsive than a larger CFM.

Just my .02 :D

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
That "old" Holley is a classic. I haven't seen one like that in a long time. I agree with rjent-- run with the Edelbrock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Get yourself a good 750 Holley and tune it correctly and it will perform very well. 600 cfm for a 383 is way to small unless you don't go over 4000 rpm. A 750 will perform great on your 383. I run a 825 Mighty Demon and it works very well on my 385 big solid cammed motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts