Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my vette for over twelve years and during that time it has seen several combinations of engines and transmissions. The current setup is a 468 big block twin turbo motor with a 4l80e trans. I have been collection parts for years to make it a unique street cruiser, wanted to build a car that had the classic looks of a c-3 but with a little something extra if you look closer. Years ago when people started doing the c4 suspension conversions to the c3 cars, I decided that was a good mod I wanted to do with mine. It took a long time to buy the suspension, extra frame, and wheels and tires to be able to start on it. Finally got there this week. I bought an extra frame because I know how slow I am at getting things done and I didnt want to have my car down for several years getting the suspension conversion built. I have a small garage that I am doing the work in, and I have an old 14' truck bed that I put in there for a deck to weld the frame to so everything is nice and solid. I tack welded the frame to it so I can do some cutting and moving of pieces of the frame and hopefully keep everything else in place. I got an old motor and a bare 4l80e trans case to set in place so I can remodel the trans mount, thats the first step. After I get that done I will start on the back suspension. I am going to cut the rear frame rails loose where the kickups start and then just in front of the rear body mounts and move those pieces in 3 inches on each side. Then I am narrowing the batwing and hanging it, then narrowing the half shafts to pull the tires in so they fit the stock fenders without flares. I have a pair of 335/30/18 michelin pilot sport tires for the rear. On the front I am still looking at what to do with it but I am thinking that I will take the frame off just in front of the motor mount arms and use the complete front crossmember assembly of the c4 and build new frame rails to pick it up and come on out for the rad support and fenders, bumper, ect. I have some 275/35/18's for the front.I modified the radiator support, standing the radiator up straight and building a bottom feeder setup for it similar to a c4, besides maybe a little better cooling I am trying to make room for an intercooler and maybe an oil cooler in the nose. The turbos sit behind the front tires in those spaces between the tires and the firewall on each side. I have a few pics and will update as things progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, I have more pics to post but they arent working. I will try later

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here is one more

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels, 18x12 rear and 18x10 front

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Could you describe how you are posting your pics? Just curious because I can never see them and I don't seem to have that problem with any other threads.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Cool project. Lots of neat ideas. I like the truck bed jig for the frame...very clever.

Can't wait for this one to develop further. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats really strange that some cant see my pics and some can. I just take them with my cell phone and put them on my computer then I go to new thread or reply and type in the box then go under manage attachments and upload the pic on my post then hit submit reply. Here is a pic of my home made electric shift buttons for my 4l80e, just to try it out. I use Mozilla firefox for a web browser. Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
The reason your pics are not being seen by anyone using IE is that IE has security built in to stop any downloads. You uploaded the pictures as attachments so they need to be viewed as attachments and IE will stop this. Firefox and Chrome will not. IF you follow the instructions Jason put up you will put the pics on the site as part of the site and not as an attachment and everyone will see them. It is a bit of extra work but they will last for ever this way.

JUST FYI

I did see the pics and the job looks like a lot of fun! Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will try that. Thanks for the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts