Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some cool custom work to get my 8500 installed in my Vette.

You cannot see it from the outside of the car! And, it's in a perfect spot for picking up radar. I rubber-coated the bracket (handmade) in black.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran it all the way from the mirror (via RJ11 cable), to the electronics in the "cigarette lighter" connector - which have now been relocated. SO, I had to dissassemble, solder some wires, and some new longer wires, then do a dash mount for the mute and secondary alert button.

I'll snap pics of those as well. It's a pretty custom install.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,413 Posts
Good looking job. Custom fabrication is a whole lot better than bolt on off the shelf

·
Registered
368 Posts
After talking to Patrick and getting some great ideas from him, I went ahead and installed my 8500 today.

It was very, very easy. Bought a 12 foot telephone cord, ran it from the rearview mirror down the passanger side pillar (only part I actuall had to remove), down behind the glove compartment and along the passanger side of the center console. It's completely hidden and plugs into a connector that then attaches to the 8500 SmartCord.

The 8500 is positioned next to rearview mirror on passenger side. In Dark Mode it's nearly invisible from outside the car, and I will rely on the "tones" it makes as it finds the various bands and the light that flashes on the SmartCord attached to the cig lighter.

Whole project took about 20 minutes and I surprised myself on how I didn't screw anything up.

4D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts