Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was seeing if this has happened to anyone else. I looked at my top tonight and notice that there are two small cracks on the roof panel. It is on the passenger side, right above the passenger window. Does anybody know if there is a recall? Also if this has happened to anybody, did insurance cover this? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I assume your are referring to a transparent top? I also have a 2005 and have used the clear top since new, and yes, I too have 3 small cracks, about 1" long, in the exact same place.
I do not know of a factory fix for this. There was a recall on the solid tops.
I guess this is just another reward GM gives us for buying their %$#@!?&! first model year runs.
Fortunately, it does not leak................... yet????

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does leak a little. I don't drive the car in the rain, but I do wash it. I know there going to get worst. It is amazing how sh*tty stuff is. The car never see's rain, snow, and only sun is when I drive it. The thing still cracks. I'm calling the insurance company Monday. They should cover it? I have glass coverage. I'm sure I will be fighting with them.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I see we are running a similar set up as far as mods are concerned. I wonder if this may be the reason GM doesn't make the Z06 and ZR1 with a removable top? Maybe we are twisting the frame just enough to crack the top?

Good luck with the insurance. Pleae post if they will cover it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have heard of this issue before and made a note previously to GM about the tops. I am curious if either of you had called a dealership? I had a couple of people call their dealership and talk it over and I have heard positive things. Pending your warranty status (if you have extended or not) it may not hurt to try calling Chevrolet Customer Assistance at 800.222.1020.

Good luck gentlemen,

Brent
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hmmmm. I do have an extended warrenty. I think I will run the cr over to my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I contacted my insurance company. I have an appointment on Friday, for appraisal. They should replace it. I don't see how they could fix it? I think it would be cheaper just to buy a new one, than to fix it? I'll let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts