Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just thought I'd post some pics and stories from my trip to Carlisle.

The trip didn't start off exactly as I planned; going over the hills in Pennsylvania my gas gauge died and I had a check gauges error in the DIC. About 10 minutes later the gauge came back and the DIC error cleared. Got in to the town of Carlisle and there were no distinguishable signs as to where I was going so I thankfully had my mapquest directions to guide me with some last second lane changes. But me and the car finally made it there in one piece.

My Vette is somewhere in that sea of Vettes.

The Parking Lots just kept going; notice the Greenwood.

The Z in the foreground with all the manufacturers and Show Cars in the background.

Row after Row of Beautiful Corvettes.

Blue GS

Blown 63, duh read the plate.

They did a tribute rev at noon and this was by far the loudest car I heard.

Red GS

Res GS Angle

Blue Greenwood

Row of GS

Ron Fellows Z; Even more beautiful in person.

Beautiful Body Kit, I believe it's a Geiger.

I will always be drawn to P&M cars.

Turbos are bigger than my head; I'm guessing off a Mack Truck.

Black Katech Z

Decaled up Katech Z; if I could afford it I would own this car.

Beaten on and Beaten up.

I love this car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Beautiful Engine as well.

Carbon Fiber Rims

Awesome Prototype

The Shards went everywhere from this burnout

It's just sickeningly beautiful how this tire shredded, I really hope to see video at some point.

The DC Tent setup.

Jetstream Blue Z06

After seeing some beautiful cars and getting to meet some of the DC crew it was time for me to hit the road again only to hit error #2.

I'm guessing there were sensor errors from both the heat and the low voltage the car had when I fired it up to leave. Tire pressure monitoring system is a pain in the ass. Thankfully this message too went away.

I did really enjoy the train of Vettes behind me leaving the fairgrounds.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. I am still pissed about my idiot boss who made me work today and yesterday.......

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
dalejrnut;880913 It's just sickeningly beautiful how this tire shredded said:
No worries, vids to come... although the only thing you will see from the one I got is a column of smoke that was probably visible from the space shuttle.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Great pictures, I was at Carlisle in 2005, we had a fantastic time.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. It was a pretty fantastic time, got to show my little brother, bastards 4 inches taller than me, what corvettes are really all about. Had a good long conversation with The Torch, he's quite a few years my senior but we've done a lot of the same **** in our lives. Just hope I'm as happy of a person when i get to be that age. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Thanks for the pictures dalejrnut it helps take away the pain of not being there in person...:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts