Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what would make this happen?

I have no idea why it's doing this. I have the speedo calibrated and it's set perfectly. Is this normal when you do gears and converter?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
mayebe the shift point's also have to be recalibrated?i'm not sure on your year.what rpm does the tranny shift at now compaired to before?i'm wondering if it's possible that even though your tranny's not computer controled,maybe the computer is reading the tach,and because rpm's are higher now,the computer thinks'shift'.did you install a shift kit?did a shop do your work?it's not a bad idea to jack-up the car and make sure no wiring harnesses are lying on exhaust pipes,or pinched cable's etc.....

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, I forgot to mention the trans has been beefed up. I lost 3-4 in the summer and had it rebuilt by Trans Eddie's to withstand 500hp. I would think that the computer would be programmed not to activate that light w/ the selector in OD. It has the same shift points as it did when it was stock. I'll have to ask Eddie about that.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by AlfonsoGomez ...<br>
MAYBE YOU NEED ANOTHER GEAR!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:<br>
:rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Isn't your car an auto? My upshift light doesn't come on at all is that some thing you changed?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
sometime's shift kit's don't go well with higher stall (lock-up) convertor's.But that's on C5'S.not sure on C4'S.
Hawaiian Punch is looking for a vehical speed sensor for his car.2 people said one was correct,but it wasn't.Maybe the shop did something weird like that?
Does anything unusual show up on your EZ-Link?Has it done this from the day you got the car back?,or just started to do this?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been doing this since I got the 3.54 back in Dec. I got the trans and converter done in the summer. I figured it would go away when I corrected the speedo.

I just got off the phone w/ trans eddies and they said it might be in the programming.

·
Registered
135 Posts
John I had a 2600 stall Vigilante & a 3.42 gear in my 92 Z28. I didn't have any problems with the gear alone once the spedo was adjusted but after the converter went in I had to mess around with the shift points, it's very possible you need to do the same. I did this by manually adjusting the TV cable. There is a button on the side of the housing you need to press in which allows you to move the cable back and forth. I did this with the car running in P and by adjusting in very small incriments.
I would check with the trans shop and see what they have to say as well. I also had an Auto Xray I know it showed the converter locking and unlocking but I don't recall if it displayed where the shift points (RPM) were.
good luck.

·
Mind Reader
259 Posts
Here's what's wrong:

The fourth gear pressure switch installed is the wrong one for a Vette transmission.

The switch screws into the transmission valve body.

NO= Normally Open
NC=Normally Closed

Your rebuilder used a NO 4TH gear switch and you need a NC switch.

If the wrong switch is used the ECU will not detect the transmission is in 4TH gear. Thusly the 'shift light' will come on.

Get the switch from MakCo.

http://www.bulkpart.com/

Cost about 12 bux.

Change your fluid and filter while you are in there changing the switch....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts