Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 17.5K trouble free miles, my vette has finaly broken down :(

While enjoying an evening drive yesterday, I noticed that the electronic diming function of the rearview mirror was not functioning:huh: . Then I noticed the reading lights located under the mirror were not functioning either, :huh: darn.

I thought to myself, oh well, need to take this land rocket home and do some open heart surgery. I must get to the root of this evil. Upon my arrival home, I decided to play with all my bells, horns, and swiches ( installed in the vette you perverts) to see what else isn't working. Ahhh, both my mirror lights behind each sun visor, and the glove box light didn't work either .

Hmmm, I said while scratching my chin, well if I can't find the problem myself, I guess I will have to trade this thing in for a new one, cause ain't no firggen way an estranged mechanic:nuts: is going to mess with this baby.

So I went to my maintanace manuals and went to the electrical section. I found the electrical schematic that showed that these four items, that were not functioning in my vette, were fed through fuse #2, located in the fuse box behind the kick panel, in the passengers footwell.

Ok. So I donned my surgoen's gloves and mask and imediately went to this alleged fuse and eviscerated it from it's cradle. I held it up to the light and wah-friggen-la, the fuse was blown ( which reminds me of a joke... I wont go there :D ).

I transplanted a brand new 10 amp fuse into this bad boy and geez-louise, everything works now. Total cost of medical bill was $2.13 including tax.

Now the bad news. I can no longer say my vette has never broken down. However, I get to keep my Roadster still :thumbsup: :partyon: :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
939 Posts
:agree:

Good diagnosis/solution, though

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Dang the next time you want a 10 amp fuse Let me sell it to you...:laughing:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad it was just the fuse.

I assume by you screen name that you work/worked for Boeing, what department do you work in?
I don't work for the Boeing company but I do fly their stuff from the little room in the nose of the aircraft :partyon: (no not the bathroom) .

·
Registered
939 Posts
Prior military?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prior military?
Of Course! Served proudly in the best darn-tootin military on the face of this planet...USN, USNR (naval aviation :thumbsup:) and USAFR...yep, was in all three :partyon:.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang the next time you want a 10 amp fuse Let me sell it to you...:laughing:
Twas a box of 6 fuses. Couldn't find any singles :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Of Course! Served proudly in the best darn-tootin military on the face of this planet...USN, USNR (naval aviation :thumbsup:) and USAFR...yep, was in all three :partyon:.
:partyon: Very nice! Air Force myself (duh, haha). Starting Pilot training really soon here, planning to fly the heavies

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:partyon: Very nice! Air Force myself (duh, haha). Starting Pilot training really soon here, planning to fly the heavies
Heavies! Very, very very wise choice ;) . Prior C5 Galaxy man here :thumbsup: .

You will have a blast! :partyon: And thanks in advance for your service.:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Your emotion in the order in their happening. Disbelief(Not my Vette!), despair(breakdown), anxiety(what is wrong), frustration(finding the problem), learning(finding the solution), satisfaction(installing the fuse), relief(knowing your Vette is okay) Is it a wonder the the general public thinks we are fanatics? :laughing:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Heavies! Very, very very wise choice ;) . Prior C5 Galaxy man here :thumbsup: .

You will have a blast! :partyon: And thanks in advance for your service.:cheers:
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts