Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my 08 z06 had some pretty swirled up paint (from the previous owner) and apparently GM has seriously hard clear coats

did a correction in july but the orange pad just didnt correct it like I wanted.

Anyway onto this detail !

Products Used:

adams car shampoo
adams jumbo washpad
adams foam gun
adams white dry towel
adams in n out spray (new and good product)
Adams invisible undercarriage spray (new order and good )
adams fender and wheel well brush

Now for the detail :

did the plastic bag test and no need to be reclayed the detail began

Yellow Pad (2 passes SHR) Orange Pad (2 passes SHR), White Pad (2 passes FMP)

Coat of americana

now the pictures
(before)

(somewhere during)

(finished product)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks good, black is tough!

Need a Flex and get the final swirls out!

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You are going to get hooked! Good job! :thumbsup:

Now, talk about the experience as to what you expected and your actual outcome. Talk about how hard or easy it was. Let other novices know about your experience. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are going to get hooked! Good job! :thumbsup:

Now, talk about the experience as to what you expected and your actual outcome. Talk about how hard or easy it was. Let other novices know about your experience. :thumbsup:
good point AJ

I can start by saying if I had the Adams flex package it would have made my life alot easier than using the porter cable 7424.

Thi is what I expected because I knew that I could not achieve 100 % correction with a PC.

and pretty much just take 1 panel at a time and see if your happy with the results you achieved !

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How experienced are you with the PC?
experienced enough to know that I wanted to beat myself with it before I even started detailing lol

Ive done decent amount of work with it over the past 2 yrs

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Pretty good job. Paint looks to have a nice gloss.

It sure isn't easy, is it? Thats why you will never

hear a pro detailer say, try it, its easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hopefully you have a Grit Guard in that bucket and I'm suprised to not hear AJ yelling for a second rinse bucket (with Grit Guard)!

Now you need to prevent the swirls from happening again.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Hopefully you have a Grit Guard in that bucket and I'm suprised to not hear AJ yelling for a second rinse bucket (with Grit Guard)!

Now you need to prevent the swirls from happening again.
He hadn't explained his wash process yet so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but you're right. No use fixing the damage if you're just going to swirl it all up again by improper washing!

·
Registered
389 Posts
For the final touch hit the tires and all of the plasticy trim (exhaust panel, splash guards, and front splitter) with some Adam's VRT :thumbsup: A C6 Z06 was actually my first use of the product as well.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Looks great! I bought another car yesterday so I am now going to detail my 08Z with my Adam's products as well soon. If it turns out bad I will blame AJ!....:laughing:

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Looks great! I bought another car yesterday so I am now going to detail my 08Z with my Adam's products as well soon. If it turns out bad I will blame AJ!....:laughing:

BLK 1 :buhbye:
What the heck did you buy now? Not the Lambo??? :surprised

1 - 18 of 18 Posts