Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test run for an emp attack? :huh:

Pacific Ocean (CBS8)- A mysterious missile launch off the southern California coast was caught on video Monday evening by a KCBS news helicopter.

The spectacular contrail could easily be seen up in Los Angeles, but who launched this missile and why, remain a mystery for now.

The magnificent images were captured from the KCBS chopper around 5pm. The location of the missile was described as west of Los Angeles, north of Catalina Island, and approximately 35 miles out to sea.

A Navy spokesperson tells News 8, this wasn't its missile. He said there was no Navy activity reported in that part of the region.

On Friday, November 5, Vandenberg Air Force Base launched a Delta II rocket, carrying the Thales Alenia Space-Italia COSMO SkyMed satellite, but a sergeant at the base tells News 8, there have been no launches since then.

News 8 showed the video to Robert Ellsworth, former U.S. Ambassador to NATO and a former Deputy Secretary of Defense.

He said it didn't appear to be a Tomahawk missile and said it would be safest to wait for definitive answers to come from the military.

Based on pure speculation, however, Ambassador Ellsworth said, with President Obama in Asia, perhaps this could have been a show of our military muscle.

"It could be a test firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine underwater submarine, to demonstrate mainly to Asia, that we can do that," he said, stressing that it was just a theory.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=13468118

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
This was meant to be seen. A message sent?

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Probably a Top Secret Alien mission that came out of Area 51. :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More than likely, a hint from China telling the Fed to quit printing funny-money.

I really can't believe this is not huge news.. a missile launched 30 miles off the coast of Kali, and our military saying they know nothing about it??

And at this point, pretty much anything the government says is going to be bullshit..

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I'm guessing it was a home built job trying for the X prize to space (maybe it was EXOTIX):laughing:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm guessing it was a home built job trying for the X prize to space (maybe it was EXOTIX):laughing:

:smack:smack Speaking of. Where has he gone? Newb had a contract put on him.:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I think it was a red flare sent up by Conservative California voters. It's the universal distress signal meaning 'we are in deep ****'.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I really can't believe this is not huge news.. a missile launched 30 miles off the coast of Kali, and our military saying they know nothing about it??

And at this point, pretty much anything the government says is going to be bullshit..
:agree::WTF

This is very bizarre to say the least.:lookinup:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I think Jill had a huge orgasm just about then...:rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Since it was near Kalifornia maybe it's the government telling them crazy left coasters to straighten up and fly right. Perhaps we're gonna finally bomb that place into submission. ............Nah, nevermind, too many Mexicans and it would start an international scandal.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
This is a very scary thing if this missle is not one of ours.
If a un known missle sub got through the sonar nets and attack subs and launched a possible nuclear armed ICBM 35 miles off the coast there would be no warning time.
This also raises all kind of questions like who would have the balls to launch a missle 35 miles off our coast you could start a nuclear war very easy this way.
How did they get so close.
Did we detect the launch?
What is our defence condision right now?
If it was a miss fire what happened to the warheads?
If we really know who did this what do you all think our responce will be knowing who is in the White House?
That missle defence system looks better and better.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
If a un known missle sub got through the sonar nets and attack subs and launched a possible nuclear armed ICBM 35 miles off the coast there would be no warning time.
This also raises all kind of questions like who would have the balls to launch a missle 35 miles off our coast you could start a nuclear war very easy this way.
If we really know who did this what do you all think our responce will be knowing who is in the White House?
No worries! Obama's got our backs! :partyon:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'm guessing our government knows more than they're stating.

Actually.....it was probably one of our own trying to nuke Kali! They accidently misfired in the wrong direction. :thud:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
If "They" wanted us dead, we would be dead...:lookinup:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I don't think our Navy would have let that happen.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I don't think our Navy would have let that happen.
:WTF was it?

This is so so incredibly strange and even stranger that it's not making BIG news. Our goverment knows exactly what's going on but the question is.... will we ever know?:huh:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts