Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I lift my vette with a floor jack... When I installed my rims I was DANGEROUSLY jacking it from each corner... Scared me $h!tless! How do I go about doing this properly!?

Joe

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you don't have jack pucks use a piece of wood where the pucks would go and jack it up. I have a c6 so I open the hood/trunk/and the doors slightly so that the body doesn't flex. On the rear I put a piece of wood across the rear crossbar and jack the whole rear up. I'm too cheap to buy pucks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Pucks are not used on C4s. If you get down on the ground and look at the bottom piece of molding, there is basically an arrow where is says 'jack here'- it's a seam running the length of the car that is extra thick where the arrows are.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
If you don't have jack pucks use a piece of wood where the pucks would go and jack it up. I have a c6 so I open the hood/trunk/and the doors slightly so that the body doesn't flex. On the rear I put a piece of wood across the rear crossbar and jack the whole rear up. I'm too cheap to buy pucks.
How does opening the hood, trunk, and doors keep the body from flexing? :huh:

Steven

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I unbolted the top on my 94 to take preassure off the top because of the flex.

I jacked mine up with a block of wood on the frame rail.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Well When I jacked it up on the side where it says Place Jack Here... I heard crackling and popping... Thats why I am curious if there is a correct way... Is there anyway to jack up just the front or just the rear???

Joe

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Thanks guys! Well When I jacked it up on the side where it says Place Jack Here... I heard crackling and popping... Thats why I am curious if there is a correct way... Is there anyway to jack up just the front or just the rear???

Joe

open doors & pop hood, jack up one side at a time.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts

Joe
Look under the car where the arrows are you will see frame. Don't jack on that lip it's not for a normal floor jack. If you look under you will see large flat sections of frame that will do fine. I'll post a pic later today for a visual.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man! But once again! What about the front and rear? Any suggestions?

Joe

·
Registered
187 Posts
On the c6 if you jack the car up on one side and don't open the trunk and hood and door, once you open the door it will not close back. You have to let the car down to get the door to close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts