Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
I can buy new Z06 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat:excited: , which arrived today to my dealer and is reserved for me but it doesnt have NAVI system from factory :bang , it is possible to order it as a spare part and install it?
Please help
Radek:huh: , EU

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
yes, it can be installed after the fact, and an aftermarket unit (Pioneer, Eclipse etc) will fit right in the factory space as well:thumbsup:

·
Registered
458 Posts
RadekG said:
I mean can be installed same as original?:huh:
Yes, I've looked into it, some units can be installed as the original is.
However, after you see the price, you will probably prefer a portable unit.
You can get an excellent portable nav for about $750.

·
Registered
99 Posts
RadekG said:
I mean can be installed same as original?:huh:
This will present major wiring problems and will require a new wiring harness to intergrate the OEM navigation unit with the HUD. Unlikely that you will find anyone willing to tackle this. Best bet would be to have a good aftermarket unit such as the new Pioneer AVIC-Z1 which is better on all counts than the OEM unit.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the Pioneer AVic-z1

When I bought my 06 from the dealer, I specifically ordered it with out the factory nav system. I live in Canada and they only detailed street coverage for the major cities.

I just add the Pioneer AVic-Z1 installed last week. It's the best nav system available: massive street and point of interest database, 30 gig harddrive to store map data and music, satelite radio, backup camera and support for blue tooth phones.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_3151_295632461,00.html

The guys at Certified Radio, did an excellent job of installation. Looks like a factory install. They had a little trouble with the wiring harness, due to the 06, so I have i have to take it back in on Monday to get it finished.

I will post pictures and a full review when I get it back.

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot:) , Im living in Europe so probably map inside original will not be perfect:D , as in my present MB ML which is also imported from usa, so when I want to eat dinner in some Florida restaurant I cant find the bridge over atlantic :huh: coz it have only usa maps :laughing: . So please send more info after you finnish instalation, total cost (Im already paying 100.000USD for Z06-transport, tax etc....:down: ) so want to save some money for petrol (we are now paying USD 5+ per galon :thud: ) I found http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1367950 they say something abt problem with AMPs, since I dont know whats amps meant :surprised , please ask your guys if there is any special problem with instalation.
Btw. today I was doing 1/4mile with my GSX R1000 K6, I did very bad 12.1 and 11,3 sec (best guys even on older model 10.2):nuts:
I cant wait to :whip: my new Z06 which should do something near 11.7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts