Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dems in an effort to silence opposition have played the nazi card against those against health care.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-compares-gop-health-care-attacks-nazi-lies/

Rep. Steve Cohen is apparently defending his remarks in which he compared Republican attacks on the health care overhaul to Nazi propaganda advanced by Joseph Goebbels.

"The Tennessee Democrat, who is Jewish, made the remarks to a mostly empty chamber on Tuesday night as he argued against a Republican bill to repeal the health care law -- that bill passed the House Wednesday. "

WOW is all I can say.:smack

I really don't have time to do a comparison, but lets quickly look back. If I remember correctly the Jews just wanted to be left alone to do their thing and the nazi's forced everyone to do something that they didn't want to do. The nazis had thugs to beat up those who opposed them. The nazis wanted the gov't controlling everything. HHHHMMMMMM, which party today do these velues ring true about????

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The Nazi tag is fine, but let's put it where it's needed.

1: The Nazis wanted and got gun control.
2: The Nazi's wanted and got economic control.
3: The Nazi's wanted and got totalitarian control.
4: The Nazi's wanted and got a police state.

Now, with that in mind, we would have to refer to democrats as the Nazi party.. and their supporters, brownshirts.

This jagoff is obviously a intellectual jew, because if he was actually educated, he would have knowledge of history to keep him from being such a dumbass.. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The Nazi tag is fine, but let's put it where it's needed.

1: The Nazis wanted and got gun control.
2: The Nazi's wanted and got economic control.
3: The Nazi's wanted and got totalitarian control.
4: The Nazi's wanted and got a police state.

Now, with that in mind, we would have to refer to democrats as the Nazi party.. and their supporters, brownshirts.

This jagoff is obviously a intellectual jew, because if he was actually educated, he would have knowledge of history to keep him from being such a dumbass.. :laughing:
:agree:
He is, and a dimocrat to boot. The problem is, that kind of stupidity is contagious.

Shelia Jackson is now saying those that want the bill repealed are murderers...another dumbass throwing out hate speech, but it's ok because it fit's HER agenda...dumbass.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
:agree:
He is, and a dimocrat to boot. The problem is, that kind of stupidity is contagious.

Shelia Jackson is now saying those that want the bill repealed are murderers...another dumbass throwing out hate speech, but it's ok because it fit's HER agenda...dumbass.
Hmm, the usual suspects aren't in here condemning the hate speech... guess it just goes to show, they are posers and hypocrites.

·
Registered
677 Posts
We have to tone down the rhet...oh wait, never mind.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
There were more votes to repeal the bill... then there was to pass it.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Obama..."We must keep civility in the name of the dead child!"

Lib Dimocrap.... FU OBAMA!

:laughing:

What a bunch of tards!

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The new tone from the left: More hate, more vitriol. Doesn't this just add up to, same old same old with the left? Palin is a threat, a threat to totalitarian rule that the left wants..

New Tone: Joan Rivers Calls Sarah Palin a ‘Nazi,‘ Bristol ’Stupid’

It seems the new tone called for by the left after the shootings in Tucson is hitting a sour note this week.

First, on Tuesday, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) compared Republicans to Nazis. And now, on Wednesday, Joan Rivers used the term to characterize Sarah Palin.

Rivers made the comments on Joy Behar’s show while explaining why her recently-scheduled appearance on Fox News was canceled. According to Rivers, that happened because she said “I don’t think Sarah Palin is very smart.” Fox, however, denies she was canceled intentionally, and instead said she was supposed to be rescheduled for a later show.

Still, that didn’t stop Rivers from letting Palin and Fox have it (and also taking a shot at Palin’s daughter, Bristol) while talking with Behar:

As Mediaite points out, Rivers’s anti-Palin rhetoric began this past weekend. She told the website TMZ this weekend that Palin is at fault for the Tucson shootings and then referred to Palin as “stupid and a threat.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-tone-joan-rivers-calls-sarah-palin-a-nazi-bristol-stupid/

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I can't wait to watch Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann tonight. I'm sure they are going to feature the hate speech coming from the left on the congressional floor and call them to task for their atmosphere of vitriol and hate. Should be interesting.:thud:

·
Super Moderator
8,519 Posts
youll be bluer than the back ground on this site,if your holding your breath, before that happens

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I can't wait to watch Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann tonight. I'm sure they are going to feature the hate speech coming from the left on the congressional floor and call them to task for their atmosphere of vitriol and hate. Should be interesting.:thud:
:laughing: Hell the brownshirts on this board won't even show up, there is no way in hell Olderscam or Madcow will touch it..

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
What else can they do ? It is not as though they can argue valid points from within their ideology. What point could they possible make other then "it feels good to give".

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Funny you should mention that. Stewart brought it up and made fun of Cohen for it. IMO left leaning news sources should point out democrats doing this and right leaning news sources should do it to Republicans. If FOX points at D's and MSNBC points at R's its just more name calling and partisan bickering.

PS: I avoided this thread because I figured it was some non-sense name calling. I was right, but since this thread was mentioned in ~5 other places I figured I should see what it was all about.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Funny you should mention that. Stewart brought it up and made fun of Cohen for it. IMO left leaning news sources should point out democrats doing this and right leaning news sources should do it to Republicans. If FOX points at D's and MSNBC points at R's its just more name calling and partisan bickering.

PS: I avoided this thread because I figured it was some non-sense name calling. I was right, but since this thread was mentioned in ~5 other places I figured I should see what it was all about.
First of all, Pubs and Dems don't have equal stakes in this issue. It's the Dems who are constantly complaining about the poison atmosphere in politics and demanding less vitriol. Of course, the reason they do that is that there is no commercial market for their ideas on radio or TV, so the only entertaining voice (or 90% of it) comes from the right. The Dems brand all opposing views as "hate", they demand more thoughtful discourse, and then they act like this dude above. That hypocracy is the point of the thread. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
First of all, Pubs and Dems don't have equal stakes in this issue. It's the Dems who are constantly complainging about the poison atmosphere in politics and demanding less vitriol. Of course, the reason they do that is that there is no commercial market for their ideas on radio or TV, so the only entertaining voice (or 90% of it) comes from the right. The Dems brand all opposing views as "hate", they demand more thoughtful discourse, and then they act like this dude above. That hypocracy is the point of the thread. :cheers:
I dont disagree. If either side wants to complain about the others negative comments they better clean up their own acts. I am condeming Cohen just like you are because of his hypocracy.

Who on the right has admitted they have been negative and are calling for more civility?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I dont disagree. If either side wants to complain about the others negative comments they better clean up their own acts. I am condeming Cohen just like you are because of his hypocracy.

Who on the right has admitted they have been negative and are calling for more civility?
The problem is, how do you draw the line between overly negative comments and impassioned policy disagreement? It's all in the eyes of the beholder. If you notice, I try not to resort to name-calling in my debates (not always successful :laughing:). That is the point I think most arguments slip from debate to negativity. You are correct that both sides are involved, and since right wing radio is more prevalent, there are probably more examples from the right than the left. But just like the left likes to label every reference to race as "racist", they like to label every disagreement from the right as "hate". It appears they simply do not want to debate the issues on the merits, so the strategy is to shut down the debate. I think that strategy is doomed to fail.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts

I'll go ahead and run you back out of this thread.. :laughing:

Post up some hate & vitriol from Beck or Palin..

I know, you don't have time to search (since you never heard any yourself) and your too busy to keep going back and forth (even though you always show up to post) and we would just discount it anyway (of course, debunking to us, is discounting to you).

Go ahead, and then I will show you my picture of bigfoot..

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
This is all fine and dandy... by "why" is there a need for civility ? Why is this deep seeded need to get along, needed ? Do you like and act friendly to everyone you meet or interact with ? Should you be scorned and scoffed at if you don't ? Is not the very act of scorning and scoffing, uncivil behavior ?

Does this "civility" include George Bush or Sarah Palin... ? -will they now be treated with respect for their ideology ? Will civility take center stage on both floors of our government now that Obama-care is under scrutiny ?

Which ideological "civility" should we follow... yours ?

We have played this game with those on the left, before. They are insincere in their plight... We "The People" are hurt by civility.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts