Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If you participated in the Caravan and/or attended the 15th Anniversary Celebration at the NCM last week/weekend, why not share your experiences and photographs here. We love to hear your stories.

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well I will start. I was the Michigan Captain and we left Pratt and Miller after a great tour and continental breakfast. I was driving our '92 ZR-1 with our son and my wife and Co-Captain was driving our '07 Z06 with our daughter.

We reached our lunch stop in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the altenator failed on the ZR-1. My wife quickly grabbed the driver's manual and headed up the caravan to Indianapolis.

My son placed with another club member continued as well. I was left in Fort Wayne, to attend to the ZR-1.

I arrived in Indy with a rental car and utilized it for the rest of the caravan.

Throughout, we had three altenator falilures, one ECM, and a cylinder failer on a 1954 Corvette.

All but two couples reached the final destination and we did it without any accidents of major loss of participants.

A good time was had by all.

Bring on the 20th Anniversary!!!!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well I will start. I was the Michigan Captain and we left Pratt and Miller after a great tour and continental breakfast. I was driving our '92 ZR-1 with our son and my wife and Co-Captain was driving our '07 Z06 with our daughter.

We reached our lunch stop in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the altenator failed on the ZR-1. My wife quickly grabbed the driver's manual and headed up the caravan to Indianapolis.

My son placed with another club member continued as well. I was left in Fort Wayne, to attend to the ZR-1.

I arrived in Indy with a rental car and utilized it for the rest of the caravan.

Throughout, we had three altenator falilures, one ECM, and a cylinder failer on a 1954 Corvette.

All but two couples reached the final destination and we did it without any accidents of major loss of participants.

A good time was had by all.

Bring on the 20th Anniversary!!!!!!!
Would that cylinder failure have been an exhast valve. I was fueling up Thur PM and a C1 was there ideling. I was kinda at a loss for words at the time like do I tell him it sounds like a burnt exhaust valve. Really felt bad for him.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe he drove it home. I was told at first it was at Automasters, the Corvette shop by the plant, but on Sunday morning I was informed he had either left late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning.

He lives north of the Metro Detroit area. I had lost touch with him after the caravan, due to meetings and other events I was attending while in Bowling Green.

When I last spoke with him, he was trying to arrange other means of travel, ie: a flight from Nashville. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts