Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But they need to raise the $20,000,000 first! :surprised

If they do, this shall be "NCM Motorsports Park". When combined, the NCM road course will be the longest in the United States! A total of five (5) miles with 27 turns!

It would be cool if they could pull this off!

http://www.motorsportspark.org

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I think this is neat, but I also worry that NCM might be biting off more than they can chew at time. $20M is a big chunk of change. Is there that much of a market to justify the price tag? Don't mean to sound down about this, just concerned about long term debt...

Is it going to be able to host a big race, or is it just a track for smaller gatherings, SCCA, etc? Wasn't Mid America also going to put in a track?

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
but I also worry that NCM might be biting off more than they can chew at time. $20M is a big chunk of change.
Yea and especially during the slow economy of late. Certainly a grand goal to aspire to, but unless there's already significant backing going into it, seems like it will be long drawn out.

Would definitely increase the reason to go there and make it a full on experience. Hope they plan to carry lots of open events.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not as big as originally planned...

The most recent plans for the Motorsports Park were presented, but then when a price tag was attached to it we decided to scale it back again, but build it such that if we want to add on to it later we can. It will be about 300 acres, have a 2-1/2 mile road course, control tower, restrooms, karting track, skid pad and 1/4 mile drag strip.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
The most recent plans for the Motorsports Park were presented, but then when a price tag was attached to it we decided to scale it back again, but build it such that if we want to add on to it later we can. It will be about 300 acres, have a 2-1/2 mile road course, control tower, restrooms, karting track, skid pad and 1/4 mile drag strip.
Cool!

Definitely would be neat while maintaining the amazing goal! Even if the track was designed to be extended later, it may be easier to wrap action around the plan.

if they do it, dc road trip...
Without a doubt, and multiple track events :devil:

·
Registered
646 Posts
ill be making alot more visits to the NCM if they build that, hopefully they can pull it off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe the government will give them some "STIMULUS" money to help them get started :laughing: Yeah I would drive from NC to visit that track. I wonder if they would let my bros Trans-am come too:surprised

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
Ninety minutes away from my front door. Eat your hearts out slobs! :D
60 minutes for me AJ. Damn, beat you again:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
329 Posts
This will be great for the museum! The planned road course is awesome and could be used for other clubs/events besides Corvettes. The autocross course will be much better than what they used at Beech Bend or what they currently use at Trace Industries. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts