Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that there are at least two different style radiator shroud brackets on Ebay.... I saw a few pics of the earlier and later style brackets on Ebay but none of these brackets installed.

I've never seen these installed and don't have a clue what it's supposed to look like. When I bought the car it had zip ties and right now I'm using wire to hold the shroud in place....

Does the stock '79 shroud bracket fit with an aftermarket radiator ??? Please post a pic of your radiator brackets so I can figure out what's easier to fabricate brackets or make the stockers fit......

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - you just saved me $20 and the aggrevation of trying to make this Ebay bracket fit... no way the stock bracket is going to fit with my radiator... I guess I finally figured out why the previous owner gave up and used zip ties :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
bird,

is that a little 3 core rad?
Yep. One of the few things that I have never changed. Funny, with my Kalfornia special 200 HP smog tuned Caprice engine, even in summer bumper to bumper with A/C on, it has never gotten above 220*. I have never re-connected the aux fan since the crate motor install.:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts