Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to Do...Nedd advice....

I leased my current Vette and it goes back in Nov 2004. I did this hoping that I would time it correctly for the C6 intro. Seems like I got it close. I just spoke with the dealer that I leased from and he told me that orders are starting to come in, but that they do not believe all the internet-posted RPO codes are truly accurate. In fact he told me that all the colors may not be correct either.

He said that they are taking small deposits and once the GM order system opens, then I can spec out the car I want for delivery.

Here's the dilemma....If production goes as scheduled, he tells me the first batch of Vettes will be delivered during late August. That would put me in a position of having 2 Vettes. Not a terrible problem if I owned the first one, but the thought of making 3 extra months of lease payments kills me. So what do I do, place the order today or wait?

I'm not concerned about getting the first run off the assembly line. That's what warranties are for.
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,548 Posts
Talk to your dealer. He might put your name on the list and if you name comes up in Aug. or Sept. he might let you bump down the list. That is he would take the next name below you and keep doing this until you were ready. That way he would know you were going to take it but it would be november or so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
I agree with Torch, seems to me that if the dealer REALLY wants you as a customer he will make it work. Yeah, the cars will be going out as fast as they get them and he may be thinking anyone's money is as good as yours BUT you can still call any other dealer and ask the same.
Good luck and if they won't play the game with you, let us know who it is so we steer clear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
I don't know ..... you might get stuck with 2 vettes for a couple payments... If you special order a car you take it when it comes in! If you've taken care of your car and kept the milage down they might be able to find a buyer for your car and terminate your lease... check out a couple of dealers and see what they say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torch:

I asked that question, too. He said that it was a possibility that he could do that and would be willing to delay the order as long as possible until he can no longer wait. I understand that and would be willing to take the chance, because I know this dealer can get cars. His allocation is substantial.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JC:

I was thinking that too. I was wondering about selling the car to someone for the buyout cost. I think it would be a good deal. Doesnt make sense for me to buy, but would for someone else. I took delivery Aug, 2002. I have 15.8K miles on her and also added a corsa pro exhaust....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to add that this dealer is selling for MSRP and not a penny over. Those dealers that are taking advantage and selling cars at over MSRP should be shot. I'm sure there are plenty of reputable dealers that will not stoop to price gouging levels. Just be patient and find the right one. I know I did.

Probably will place my order tomorrow!
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,548 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
You also have the option to roll your final three lease payments into your new lease/loan on your c6. You could then turn in your c5 the day that you pick up your new car and not have to worry with all of the ordering hassles.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,122 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I agree with Torch, seems to me that if the dealer REALLY wants you as a customer he will make it work. Yeah, the cars will be going out as fast as they get them and he may be thinking anyone's money is as good as yours BUT you can still call any other dealer and ask the same.
Good luck and if they won't play the game with you, let us know who it is so we steer clear.
I agree with you guys. WE ARE CUSTOMERS. Even if we KNOW the truth, we can not let these dealers act like dope peddlers to our addiction. I would look around elsewhere first and have someone willing to accomodate you in your pocket, then make this dealer match or beat the deal (assuming he is close and you really want to get your vette there).

WE ALL MUST WORK TO KEEP THESE DEALERS FROM GOUGING US!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Re: What to Do...Nedd advice....

portmgr198 said:
I leased my current Vette and it goes back in Nov 2004. I did this hoping that I would time it correctly for the C6 intro. Seems like I got it close. I just spoke with the dealer that I leased from and he told me that orders are starting to come in, but that they do not believe all the internet-posted RPO codes are truly accurate. In fact he told me that all the colors may not be correct either.

He said that they are taking small deposits and once the GM order system opens, then I can spec out the car I want for delivery.

Here's the dilemma....If production goes as scheduled, he tells me the first batch of Vettes will be delivered during late August. That would put me in a position of having 2 Vettes. Not a terrible problem if I owned the first one, but the thought of making 3 extra months of lease payments kills me. So what do I do, place the order today or wait?

I'm not concerned about getting the first run off the assembly line. That's what warranties are for.

portmgr198:

I am very happy to see that you have found a dealer that will be offering you the vehicle at not one penny over MSRP. It is dealers like that that keep the rest of the good dealers' good name intact. Now Correct me if I am wrong, but it is probably a safe assumption that your current lease is with GMAC. If such proves to be the case I can tell you from recent experience and the fact that history usually repeats itself that GMAC will likely be offering a "Lease Pull Ahead" at that time and you will be able to turn your vehicle in with no further payments. However if your lease isnt with GMAC and your dealer cant skip you down the list to better accomodate your situation inquire as to what your early lease termination would be. This number is most always considerably less than what your payment x 3 would add up to. Take that number and weigh out the options of paying it out of your pocor rolling into your C6 lease/purchase. Have A Great Day and Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I noticed the original poster of this thread " portmgr198 " is from NJ.

Is the dealer that will order for msrp in NJ?

(Kerbeck in Atl City by any chance)

I've been talking to dealers in North and Central Jersey and they are all being very vague about pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, I did it...I placed my prelim order today for a new C6. Actually, only placed my name on a list with a deposit to hold my place.... Will let you know when it's deliver...Oh, and I'll also post some pictures.....later this year:excited:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
:cheers:
Your on the list..congratulations.

Please share the the lead with the other NJ/NY/Pa people
would would like to get on a similar list....who is the dealer ?:

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will publish the dealers name as soon as I rcv my receipt as proof of my order with the dealer......



NEW PROBLEM: This delaer now tells me that my deposit is ONLY good for a C6 coupe and nothing else. Meaning, if I see the convertible and would prefer to have it, I must wait for a list for that car and opt out of the coupe list! This sucks...Now I must make a choice, although I prefer the coupe, I dislike being locked in, esp. without being able to see the convertible top. This dealer said he's not sure if the convertible will have a hard top like the XLR, but doubts it will, due to added weight.

What would you do?????
:huh:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,122 Posts
portmgr198 said:
I will publish the dealers name as soon as I rcv my receipt as proof of my order with the dealer......



NEW PROBLEM: This delaer now tells me that my deposit is ONLY good for a C6 coupe and nothing else. Meaning, if I see the convertible and would prefer to have it, I must wait for a list for that car and opt out of the coupe list! This sucks...Now I must make a choice, although I prefer the coupe, I dislike being locked in, esp. without being able to see the convertible top. This dealer said he's not sure if the convertible will have a hard top like the XLR, but doubts it will, due to added weight.

What would you do?????
:huh:
Vert will be soft top only, but will offer a power up & Down for the first time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
portmgr198 said:
I will publish the dealers name as soon as I rcv my receipt as proof of my order with the dealer......



NEW PROBLEM: This delaer now tells me that my deposit is ONLY good for a C6 coupe and nothing else. Meaning, if I see the convertible and would prefer to have it, I must wait for a list for that car and opt out of the coupe list! This sucks...Now I must make a choice, although I prefer the coupe, I dislike being locked in, esp. without being able to see the convertible top. This dealer said he's not sure if the convertible will have a hard top like the XLR, but doubts it will, due to added weight.

What would you do?????
:huh:
First off let me just share with you that the Convertible which will be debuting next month (Feb 26.) in Geneva will have a power top, but will still be a soft top. However I would love to see a hardtop on the car especially living here in this wonderful snow world of Detroit winters. Congratulations on your recent deposit, and hopefully your dealer will honor MSRP and not charge you one red penny over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am partial to a hard top convert like the XLR, but if it'a a rag top, then my decision is easy. I just dont like the idea of being locked in. Worst case, I flip the car when I get it. Shouldnt be hard since I will be one of the first to rcv the new body style (I hope)! Regardless, I will send in the deposit this weekend. Got the call from dealer with all instructions.
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
power top will be an Option
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top