Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a chance to buy an '05 Vette from a lady whose husband passed away. The deal is being transacted by a neighbor who was the owners life long friend. None of these folks need money and they want the car to go to a Vette Nut(I qualify). The folks don't want to fool with an ad or a bunch of dreamers/schemers.

The car is '05 coupe, z-51, nav system, auto, both tops., 7,600miles, mag red/black. The only thing I saw was some chipping on the drivers door where the old fella was opening it into something. No smokers car with polished alum wheels.

The lady said she would sell it to a dealer if I don't buy it. I said that a dealer would only pay wholesale at best and thats all I wanted to pay .

How much should I offer for the car taking all things into consideration? They are not trying to squeeze the last buck out of this deal, they just don't want to get beat. I was thinking $28k low to $32k high...CASH MONEY in the morning.... what do you guys think???

·
Registered
635 Posts
:agree: 32000, take it!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx man, more thoughts please as I have to call the sellers friend:) tonight

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
AT $32K, you'd be crazy not to buy it, go get the cash NOW!

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Buy it:bang

·
Registered
133 Posts
HOLY CRAP! TAKE THE DEAL!!!

If you want to pay more, I'll sell you one of mine and I'll buy that one...:D

·
Registered
468 Posts
RSCAR said:
Hi Guys,
The car is '05 coupe, z-51, nav system, auto, both tops., 7,600miles, mag red/black. The only thing I saw was some chipping on the drivers door where the old fella was opening it into something. No smokers car with polished alum wheels.

How much should I offer for the car taking all things into consideration?
I went to Edmunds.com and ran as both Buy and Sell in their NADA based Used Car Evaluator. The Results ...
Private Party Sale
Base '05 Corvette Coupe - $36,500 +
As Optioned with 8k Miles - $42,500 +/-

Trade In (Wholesale)
Base '05 Corvette Coupe - $34,500 +
As Optioned with 8k Miles - $39,500 +/-

You might want to offer a bit more than the $32k or at least be ready to go up to $36k - $38k Range. If they've done their homework, I doubt you'll get it for less.
Good Luck

·
Registered
202 Posts
Try to call a dealer tomorrow and say you need to sell a 2005 coupe. How much would they be willing to pay....

That will give you an idea tomorrow morning. Add $1K + and do it!

Bill.:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
umm yeah quit reading all these posts and go buy the car

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
This is almost the same car as the one I got. With the options it has it's the same, plus it has a second top and more expensive paint. The sticker on this car was close to $56k. The dealer invoice would have come in around $46/47k. With only 7,600 miles this car is still brand new. Anything less than 43k you are basically stealing the car. Do it. But I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I got them to go for $32k...even if they are loaded. Good luck.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What's it worth to you?

Used 2005's are fetching no more than $34-36K from dealer right now. $38k on a trade-in if you pay close to MSRP.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm not sure all of you are reading his post correctly- He said he was thinking 28-32k, that's NOT what she offered him. I think the car's probably worth a lot more than that, into the 40's. I'd feel bad taking advantage of someone like that, and that's what a $32k C6 sounds like to me.
Just my $0.02
~Rob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Even though DSCAR is willing to offer up to $32K for the car, that is no sign that his offer will be accepted. If in fact the owner's heirs are well heeled, they obviously didn't get that way by making poor financial decisions. My guess is that they know full well what this car is worth. It will be a surprise if DSCAR comes up with this car for anything close to what he is thinking.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I offered the fella who is doing the deal for the lady $32K and he said"She won't take that" so I said well the best I can do is $35k and he said to call him today. He had indicated that he had talked to a Caddy and a Chevy dealer. I'm sure he will call them today and get a price for an "outright buy" from them.

A couple of guys said they thought I was trying to take advantage of the little old lady. Not so. If I wanted to buy the car to keep, I'd pay more. Fact is I want the car to drive a bit then sell easily at a low price like $40k or $41k or trade it on a new pick-up for my brother who scratches out a living as a landscaper.

If I pay $35+tax nd tags, that would be just short of $38k and that would give me a $2k to $3k margin to get my money back out. I already have a beautiful '03 Z06, so it's not like I'm 'Vettless".

We will see what happens and I'll be sure to let you men know how it shakes out and thanx for all the opinions and help.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts