·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choices:
SLP $499
GMPP $550
Used Corsa $575

SLP has 3 style tips, Trapezoid, 3.5" slash or dual tips (for a quad tip appearance)

the Used Corsa system I can get the tips will not fit as it is from a newer Grand Prix.

I am thinking of the SLP system but not sure of the tips:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Maybe you should try a Pontiac forum....:laughing: They even have a Grand Prix section....:laughing:

www.pontiactalk.com

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Everytime I hear someone talk Pontiacs I recall a race negotion from long ago.

Talking to a guy with a custom 1956 Pontiac Sedan (like a 56 Chevy)
"Sure I want to race. I only have a 339 with a three barrel, what you got under that Hood?"

- "I have a 421 Poncho with three men".

:laughing: :laughing:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I did.. just getting other opinions..

besides this forum is for OTHER cars
:nuts:

LOL
Yes - I know - I was just playing along with Patrick...

Wish i could be more help. Just make sure whatever exhaust you get - it doesn't sound like a fart can on that 6 cylinder...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Choices:
SLP $499
GMPP $550
Used Corsa $575

SLP has 3 style tips, Trapezoid, 3.5" slash or dual tips (for a quad tip appearance)

the Used Corsa system I can get the tips will not fit as it is from a newer Grand Prix.

I am thinking of the SLP system but not sure of the tips:

Got any sound clips of any of these? That could help a little bit. Best bud of mine has just purchased a 98 GTP and is doing his the cost effective way. He bought a ported manifold(we call it a headerfold) from ZZPerformance.com b/c his stock manifold was cracked and couldn't afford the headers at this point. In the near future he is looking to put an exhaust on it as well. As DDN said, so long as it doesn't sound like a fart can.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looked real quick on Youtube and found a vid each for the SLP and the GMPP. Both were on new bodied GTPs, one had headers, a ZZP 3" down-pipe and full 2.5" exh. so though it won't be exactly how your car may sound. Of those two I heard I liked the sound of the GMPP better than that of the SLP. I'll see what I can find on a Corsa sound clip.

BTW, your tip pics are coming up as red Xs for me, so, no oppinion there.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked real quick on Youtube and found a vid each for the SLP and the GMPP. Both were on new bodied GTPs, one had headers, a ZZP 3" down-pipe and full 2.5" exh. so though it won't be exactly how your car may sound. Of those two I heard I liked the sound of the GMPP better than that of the SLP. I'll see what I can find on a Corsa sound clip.

BTW, your tip pics are coming up as red Xs for me, so, no oppinion there.
yeah red x's here too now..

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31015AM&BIG=31015AM-1

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31040AM&BIG=31040AM-1

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31040M&BIG=31040M-1

Exhaust Clips:
http://www.rmcgp.com/exhaust/

As for Youtube, I heard the SLP and Corsa, the newer bodied cars use the basically same system.. SLP has no resonator, I am also leaning towards the GMPP which is Magnaflow I believe

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I like either the Dual/Dual setup or the 3.5" singles out the back. It would hinge on how much of the tip area cutout is filled with the single slash cut tips. W/o seeing these on the car I lean more toward the Dual/Dual setup.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
How wide is the are under the back of the car? Is is like the C-4 with that big flat area for tips? I really like the second ones but they might look funny if the area for tips is too wide.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How wide is the are under the back of the car? Is is like the C-4 with that big flat area for tips? I really like the second ones but they might look funny if the area for tips is too wide.
The trapeziod tips fit perfect under the bumper.. I saw a picture of that but cannot find it now

·
Registered
275 Posts
One of my friend's has a GTP with the Fast Toy's tips, they are a dual/dual setup. He says the SLP system is really loud. I've heard the GMPP system(There is another GTP with one in my area) that I think sounds really well, I would just change it to a dual/dual system, because it is a single tip system. Here is what the Fast Toy Tips look like:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts