Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i drove home from another town about 70 miles away everything was fine the whole drive, i had plenty of gas as i had filled up before i left on my trip. I make it home im pulling off on my highway off ramp exit, i come to a stop with the clutch pushed in and the car dies, the rpms just dropped to zero.

I immediately tried to start it again and it seemed like it was starving for gas or spark or something, bc i had to actually fluctuate the throttle to get it to start, as i continue to drive home i notice that every time i clutch in the revs drop very fast and it almost dies but i never really gave it the opportunity to i continually gave it gas to keep the revs up,

i got home and popped the hood and there was again a horrible ticking noise, this sounds very similar to broken rocker arm but i checked them all and even pulled the pushrods on the side that the noise seems to be coming from and nothing; i really cant tell if any of the valve springs are cracked bc they are duals. So im stumped i got the codes from my DIC and i got P0352H thru P0358H which is ignition control circuit.

So basically can anyone decipher what is going on here. Could this be a broken or fouled spark plug, bad fuel, blown motor. Let me know what you think guys. Oh just one more thing, im running a boost pressure gauge(car is not sc) and a fuel pressure gauge,

the boost pressure gauge is running about 3 psi lower than normal at idle, like 17 instead of 20 and the fuel pressure gauge is running at about 1-2psi lower like 38 or so when normally at idle it is 40, didnt know if this information would help.. Thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i checked all my pushrods, all my rockers and springs, everything looks fine, my cylinder #5 spark plug does seem to be foul im gonna replace that and see where i stand

·
Registered
123 Posts
more info on the engine specs etc would be helpful, as in factory computer system? I do have one thing that i honestly dont believe is your problem but i ran into it once and it had a few shops baffeled before it came into our dealer ship. The main thrust bearing was totaly worn out and when the clutch was applied it would move the crank shaft foreward enough to miss align the crank sensor and the car would just flat shut off. There were also ign codes set with this situation. Again this is very very uncommon and i doubt its your problem. Easiest way to look for this is have the car running and get a helper to apply the clutch while you watch the front crank pully, see if it moves toward the radiator.

Dont flame me peeps, it was a shock to me when i found this situation by accident and honestly the car still had good oil pressure and only a slight ticking noise from the bottom end that deff was not loud enough to give any thoughts to lower end damage. After a full rebuild of the engine it was a happy running vette again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts