Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grab your digital cameras - I need some help. I need a couple of pictures of the PCV tube assembly on a C5 ZO6. I ordered one from GM for my 01 Z and I don't think its the right part. The assembly I got is shaped like a big "U". One end plugs into the PCV valve on the back of the drivers side valve cover. The other end plugs into a fitting on the passenger front of the engine below the throttle body.

My problem is that the part I was sold has a third hose to plug in. On the assembly it is located where the assembly bends at the passenger side rear of the engine. I can not find any place to plug it in. I looked at a regular C5 for reference and found a place that it would plug in on the back of the passenger side valve cover.

So - is the PCV tube assemble different for a LS6 or am I just overlooking something?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
hoses

tryed to send you pictures, but on dial-up kinda difficult and long. My car has 2 hoses one comes from te valley pan with the pcv in it, and goes to the TB, the other runs from the pass. side valve cover to the TB. there is no third hose on my Z, My 05 silverado has one that goes to the rear of the drivers side valve cover from the TB... hope this helps you.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hose assembly is under the passenger side fuel rail cover. I think it will lay on top of the valve cover where it meets the intake. It will plug in on the passenger side front of the engine just below the throttle body, run down the engine, then turn behind the engine running to the PCV valve. It is about 1/2 inch diameter tube.

Thank you so much for the help!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much Z man and Bob!!! :cheers: I am getting close to finishing the car. Look for pix as soon as they are approved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts