Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing the Explorer with a pickup truck. So far I've looked at the F150 and the F250.

Any plus/minus points on owning a pickup truck?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Trucks are fun. Here's a pic of one of mine. Balanced 350 4 bolt. It's changed a bit since this pic. About 270hp at the wheels and 320lb.



A buddy's got a new GMC 1/2 ton, runs real sweet.
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
ragvette said:
Looking at replacing the Explorer with a pickup truck. So far I've looked at the F150 and the F250.

Any plus/minus points on owning a pickup truck?
Well depends on what you use it for.. I switched from a pick up to an SUV because I like to beable to haul some people with me.. instead of a 2 seater.. I think if you plan of towing alot of stuff or moving alot of stuff go with a pickup if you plan of towing a heavy trailer get the F250.. always good to have more power then needed.. helps keep things from wearing out.. kinda relates to an old saying.. you can make a fast car go slow but you cant make a slow car go fast.. you can tow a light load with a HD truck but you can also tow a heavy load.. I dunno thats about all I have with my .02..
-Rick
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
96North said:
Trucks are fun. Here's a pic of one of mine. Balanced 350 4 bolt. It's changed a bit since this pic. About 270hp at the wheels and 320lb.

A buddy's got a new GMC 1/2 ton, runs real sweet.
:cheers:
Great looking truck! Me likes! :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
Everybody should have a truck, lots of uses for them. I've had a couple of F150's and loved them. Got a smaller pickup now, Chevy S10, but it still hauls anything I have to haul. :)
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
32,974 Posts
Thats funny because I'm looking at ditching my Explorer for a truck also. I have a couple of big trucks right now and would like a small extended cab truck for running around. If you can live with the smaller interior room you have to get a truck. My wife has a minivan so I can lose the SUV without to much heartache.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raidmagic said:
Thats funny because I'm looking at ditching my Explorer for a truck also. I have a couple of big trucks right now and would like a small extended cab truck for running around. If you can live with the smaller interior room you have to get a truck. My wife has a minivan so I can lose the SUV without to much heartache.
Same here. Don't haul many people around but since moving into a new house I find myself hauling more crap then people.

Just picked up a 2003 F150 last night that I've been eyeing at the dealer for many weeks. Still got the explorer because the trade-in value was crap. I'll post pics of the F150 soon.

FORD :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Explorers are pretty much crap. If you're a homeowner, then you're better off with a pick-up to haul with, and if you need to carry passengers, then get a crew cab with a rear bench seat. I have a '98 T100 I use to go to work with and for hauling, but on the weekends, it stays in the garage cause I'm out Vettin'....
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top