Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock 84' needs a carburator...
do edelbrock sell any good carcurators??
and what about a good intake ?? i herd edelbrock disscontinued the sy1 =0/

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Mikey said:
my stock 84' needs a carburator...
do edelbrock sell any good carcurators??
and what about a good intake ?? i herd edelbrock disscontinued the sy1 =0/
Carbs on C4's are not terribly popular!

But, member "84 GRANDSPORT" runs a carb on a 383, and he seems to have a lot of experience with it.

I'll shoot him a PM so he stops by and checks out this thread.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!!! what do people specifically do to their c4s then? Does AUTOZONE have a lot of goodies for my 84' crossfire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS! i read alot of it but im really confused on what kind of engine i have..i know that it's a 84' crossfire injection ..but is it a LT1 OR LT98 ? IS IT A BIG BLOCK ENGINE OR SMALL BLOCK? Should i just get a HOLLEY STEALTH RAM? so i could just take off the intake manifoild? i was thinking to buy a B&M racing shifter for automatics at autozone

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for the props Pat!:thumbsup: I have a great article that goes into detail on how to convert a crossfire to carb...if you have a fax # I can fax it to you. Why do you want an edelbrock carb? Holly or Demon are a better choice....JMHO. Drop me an email I would be glad to assist you!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Thanks for the props Pat!:thumbsup: I have a great article that goes into detail on how to convert a crossfire to carb...if you have a fax # I can fax it to you. Why do you want an edelbrock carb? Holly or Demon are a better choice....JMHO. Drop me an email I would be glad to assist you!:thumbsup:
FAX it to me, I'll change it to .JPG and upload it here for everyone to see.

You have PM....

·
Registered
0 Posts
The only thing in the article i dont agree with is: Go under your passenger side dash, pull out the ECM, and remove it. Start a bonfire, get naked, have some beer. Throw the ECM in the fire, dance around it and chant, for you have just joined the world of raw, primitive POWER!!! On a 84 Vette your computer will still run all your guages & transmission lockup!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok ive done some research but im still kinda confused...
whats better? getting the X-RAM or SLappin on a HOLLEY CARB and throwing a HOLLEY CARB AIR SCOOP (weiand enderle-style) on it? ... is this even possible for my car? will it fit under the hood?

Can't wait to see that article =0) ...thanks guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
I sent Pat the the article...hopefully he will post it for you soon. I had an x-ram...I still got walked by most real cars on the road!:nuts: I would put a carb on if I was you!:thumbsup: Unless you have the $ for a upgraded injection system.:lookinup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I, personally, am not a fan of taking the huge step BACKWARDS to a carb. I know the CFI is not the best, but it has advantages that a carb will never have. Driveability is one of them. If you want to generate big HP at big revs, and don't care about anything else, then go for it. But if you actually want to be able to drive the thing on public roads AND enjoy doing it, then stay with EFI.

And, don't you guys in Los Angeles have to pass emissions tests every year or two? Do you think you will pass emissions with a carb? I don't.

If dollars are an issue, and they are for most people, try to source a later model TPI. I've read that the 90-92 Camaro TPI is possibly the best chioce for a budget CFI to TPI upgrade. Similar hardware but a much improved ECM. Do some more research and talk to a few people before you invest the necessary cash.

Just my two cents.........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts