Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some instructions as to how to take off my fuel rail covers on my 2007 C6? I am replacing them with a new set that I had custom painted and will be picking them up today and you know, we guy's just have to put our new stuff on right away, lol. Any help would be great and will be posting pic's of my engine work with my other pic's. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Just grab a hold of them and pull them off.

They just snap in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Iburke. I was told from a mechanic at the dealership that there was some bolts but he didn't really sound like he knew what the heck he was talking about. Any tricks as to how to get the one fuel rail on where the hose has to go through it? Don't want to mess up my new paint.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The fuel rail covers snap on and off. I suggest you do the passenger side first and it will give you a better idea of what you are dealing with.
Be careful with the hose and you probably will still scratch your new paint.

Try wrapping the hose with something soft (t shirt, newspaper etc.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wrap a strip or two of masking tape around the fuel line, then carefully flex the FRC arond the fuel line. If you take your time, no scratches at all. Then just pull the tape off and your customized.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting the driver's side cover off can be tricky. Consider simply buying the GM fuel wrench from NAPA for about eight bucks. Have them explain how to use it (its simple). Guaranteed no scratches! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy's, some great suggestions and will be getting my fuel rails on Monday and will let you all now how it went, with pic's.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
RE: driver's side cover.

Learned this from Jeremy. Get the engine warm and sit the cover on the engine for about 15 minutes and it will be much more flexible and far easier to install.

If I can do it anyone can . . .

AS to protecting the paint get the special 'painters' tape (the blue stuff) it will keep it from being nicked and will pull right off unlike other paper tapes that stick like glue forever.

·
Registered
109 Posts
congrats on teh successful install!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts