Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need help to bring back to life a 454ci

Hello all,
I'm a helping a friend to find some parts for his 1971 454ci corvette. Due to a crash the car need to be rebuilt, and for that he need several parts. But as we are in France it's not easy to find it in US...

The car is coming few month ago from New Mexico, after a full restauration. The quality of the car push my friend to want to restaur it again and do it as beautifull as it was when it comeout of the factory.

SO for that if you could help us by giving us some adresses where we can find all or if you know someone who have some..... it will be very help full :partyon:

I give you a small list of parts needed.

the car is a 1971 454ci Corvette we are shearching:

- A complete body (including bird cage (in fiberglass), rear deck (fiberglass), front fenders, rear fenders,....)
- Front and rear windshield
- Front chrome bumper
- Front hood for 454ci

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/dsc01544c.jpg/

http://img826.imageshack.us/i/dsc01540y.jpg/

if you have any comment that could be helpfull feel free :cheers:

Thanks for your help
Gilles

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Wow. Those pictures make me sick at my stomach. What a beautiful car that was before the crash! Looks like a very difficult restoration/repair job. Good luck to your friend.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It might be much cheeper to buy an entire car that has been stripped of everything and transfer over the body to your frame?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for you reply.
We have the chance to have a very good garage that have a habits to repair this type of damage .... so we are confident to be able to put the car on the road again as soon as we find the parts.

This garage have repaired my corvette few years age and did it as brand new

As you told the best way would be to find a an empty 70-72 C3 ...so if you see one, or know one , please let us know :thud:

Gilles

·
Registered
910 Posts
By far the easiest and cheapest is to find another car and make one out of two. Here it's not bad, over there, good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I have a 454 hood off a 71 hanging in my shop. But I think the shipping cost would be prohibitive...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
No disrespect, but the car in your pics is totaled. Attempting to get the car back on the road is likely to be much more work and much more expensive than you might think.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hallo Gilles, i'm Claudio from Italy, so in this country i see any C3 for sale...good for you!
See Ebay annunci.it.:thumbsup:
Ciao.

·
Registered
265 Posts
By far the easiest and cheapest is to find another car and make one out of two. Here it's not bad, over there, good luck. :thumbsup:
:agree:
Just looking at your situation from the standpoint of parts cost and labor, it's going to cost a lot to repair the wreck!
I did a quick search on Craigslist for a complete '71 in a few major areas of Europe and East Coast of the U.S. The only results for a '71 were in the U.S. and they're not selling very cheap. I found a basket case in New Jersey for $12,000 US. The majority were selling for an average of $20,000+ US. Maybe it's time to part out the wreck for a possible down payment on a complete car?
Good Luck :cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, Frenchy in Quebec here.
I have a complete '76 body I'm about to dump. The birdcage is rusted a the rocker channel but the top is all good. The front clip is cracked, but the rear clip is in perfect shape.
Problem is the shipping gonna kill you. I've posted an add on local classified, if no answer this week I'm about to cut is in to pieces. Let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello all, thanks for your proposal. My friend would prefer in a first time to find the parts corresponding to same generation 70-72.

In case he find nothing ... he will see....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts