Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new cat, rear y pipe with balance tube from Corvette Central and a pair of KBD Targa mufflers from Ecklers. The corvette was at the shop for some work so I had them install may new exhaust. The guy told me it was hanging low. My question is is this the installation or a problem with the y pipe. For some reason, I am worried they sent me the wrong y pipe.

I have tried to post the images, but I am having trouble figuring out how to do it, so I don't know if these work or not.

berman

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It looks like it is tucked right up to the rear housing. Here's a pic of mine for comparision. Although after looking at it again maybe the pass. side is a little low. Hard to tell from your pics. In the second one it seems fine.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I fixed your pics. You had the address right just paste that into the dialog box using the mountain icon above the post text box. That will surround the pic address with img tags.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
You need to find a way to slide the mufflers on more on the Y pipe it needs to have the end of the muffler pipe at the start of the last elbow, so from the pic I would say about an 1 1/2 more on the pipe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Passenger side looks a little low, but on my C4 it's not tucked up very far either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts