Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I've decided to sell my '78 vette and I could really use some help pricing it. Yes, I've looked all over the net to get ideas of what a reasonable price would be, but I have to admit that I have trouble putting a "reasonable" price on it. Especially since I have taken the engine, transmission and steering wheel out and it is basically back in project mode after having driven it for a few years. I sold the TH350 transmission as I was planning to replace it, but I still have the engine. The paint is 7/10. everything from the diff back has either been cleaned. rebuilt or replaced. the interior was restored when I got it 10 years ago. the Body only has one tiny spot on it and the frame is perfect. I do still need to do all the front end suspension work. I already have new disks and calipers. Just need new bushings, etc.
I just don't know where to start pricing a car in this state. Have any of you sold one like this?
Thanks.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,364 Posts
A good rule of thumb. If it doesn't run take off 50%, if there are parts taken off and in boxes take off another 10-15%, If parts are missing take off 15-20%.

$10,000

Not running -$5,000
Part in boxes -$1,000
Parts missing - $1,500
net $2,500

Best to get it together and running

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Torch. I kind of figured I wouldn't be able to sell it for much as it is. I'm afraid that if I put it back together I won't want to sell it :)

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Sorry to see you sell the car but I guess that time for most of us.

I know you, and I , put a lot of work into that car.

Good luck with it, if you don't get a reasonable offer and can store it for a time you may want to go back to it in the future if time, money, and health allow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts