Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 85 vette and it is running like [email protected]# and i am unshure as to why, it has no codes and i have replaced many parts it acts like it is loading up as cruising down the highway there is a strong gas oder but no leaks and it seems to be holding back and stopping and ideling is very rough i am thinking maf as i got this from a fellow vette owner and dont know if it works properly or if it is compatible with my 85 vette as it is off a 88 t/a dealer told me maf must be off a 85 is this true please help me out thanks...
also anyone know what stock ride hight should be on this car? and where to measure from thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hmm I will ask my dad if he knows anything about whats going on with your car. I would love to see some pics. Ill post back ASAP

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
help!!!!

yes replaced the Cap, rotor, plugs, and wires as well as the electronic ignition modual... still probs bought as bank repo throttle body and maf where missing got both from a 88 t/a throttle body seems to work cleaned it as best as i could considering lower plate cannot be removed as it has bad corrosion and i broke one bolt already trying dealer says that that should interchange but they say maf is 85 only so i dont know and cant afford to just go buy these items new but would like a none corroded throttle body and a known working correct maf but as far as functional the i have cleaned the throttle body the best i can without removing the lower plate the iac seems to be working properly and i cleaned and adjusted it as well as the tps and the throttle blades (idel) so hope this helps all help me need more info just ask as i appretiate all the input so thanks all so far for the input and links which i am going to be looking at next well all keep up the great work and if anyone would be interested in brainstorming my problem just email me your number and i will call you or maybe even meet up depending on location i am in dubuque iowa lmk and thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts