Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a shot at picking up a set of C6 wheels for my C3.

They are 19 x 9 1/2 front

19 x 11 rear

The buy does not include tires.

Will they fit with only spacers/adapters, or will I need to
do other mods, ie, brake caliper relocation, remove sway bar, off set track bars, etc. Turning clearance for the fronts? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
If these are factory C6, non z06, they are 18x8.5 front and 19x10 rear. The sizes are stamped on the inside.

If they are truly 11" wide wheels, fu-ged-about-it.

My best Jersey accent. :huh:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are factory C6, non z06, they are 18x8.5 front and 19x10 rear. The sizes are stamped on the inside.

If they are truly 11" wide wheels, fu-ged-about-it.

My best Jersey accent. :huh:
Thanks, I knew you would have the answer. I read your threads. I thought the sizes were as you put them. I'll have to call the guy and have him check the rims.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Thanks, I knew you would have the answer. I read your threads. I thought the sizes were as you put them. I'll have to call the guy and have him check the rims.
Assuming they are stock c6, front will fit with just adapters and rear should also fit with just adapters as well as moving the parking brake cable/bracket to the top of the trailing arm. You may try the rear without moving the parking brake cable first, I had already moved mine.

Before you snatch these up....have you priced rear tires yet? The 19" tires are pricey and rare compared to 18" tires. My only complaint. Not a lot of tire choices and sizes are pretty much limited. :down:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming they are stock c6, front will fit with just adapters and rear should also fit with just adapters as well as moving the parking brake cable/bracket to the top of the trailing arm. You may try the rear without moving the parking brake cable first, I had already moved mine.

Before you snatch these up....have you priced rear tires yet? The 19" tires are pricey and rare compared to 18" tires. My only complaint. Not a lot of tire choices and sizes are pretty much limited. :down:

Yeah, I was just on Tire Rack and the prices are really up
there. The reason I thought about doing this is the rims are $250.00 for four. Thats pretty cheap.
I would have preferred 18 x 8.5 s all the way around,
and I just missed a set a while back.
Did you lower your Vette or leave the height alone?
Its tough, everything you do costs money.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Yeah, I was just on Tire Rack and the prices are really up
there. The reason I thought about doing this is the rims are $250.00 for four. Thats pretty cheap.
I would have preferred 18 x 8.5 s all the way around,
and I just missed a set a while back.
Did you lower your Vette or leave the height alone?
Its tough, everything you do costs money.
$250 is a great price. Are they polished or chrome?
I've got a set of new stainless Acorn lug nuts I'll make you a deal on if you get the rims. :cheers:

I don't know where mine sits compared to stock.
My front suspension was rebuilt by the PO, and I rebuilt the rear, so it's all different from stock. I do plan to lower it about an inch from how it now sits once I get my lift installed.

As for tires........ the 18" fronts are no issue. Lots of choices out there. The rears 19".....:thud: Only a few manufactures make 19" and only in a few sizes. You're pretty much stuck with a 35 series 285 unless you want to go to a 275 tire, which is a bit narrow for a 10" rim. I'm looking at Nitto Invos or Continental Extreme Contact DW when I replace the OEM GY's. Best performance for the buck that I've found and the Nitto are just bad ass.

http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$250 is a great price. Are they polished or chrome?
I've got a set of new stainless Acorn lug nuts I'll make you a deal on if you get the rims. :cheers:

I don't know where mine sits compared to stock.
My front suspension was rebuilt by the PO, and I rebuilt the rear, so it's all different from stock. I do plan to lower it about an inch from how it now sits once I get my lift installed.

As for tires........ the 18" fronts are no issue. Lots of choices out there. The rears 19".....:thud: Only a few manufactures make 19" and only in a few sizes. You're pretty much stuck with a 35 series 285 unless you want to go to a 275 tire, which is a bit narrow for a 10" rim. I'm looking at Nitto Invos or Continental Extreme Contact DW when I replace the OEM GY's. Best performance for the buck that I've found and the Nitto are just bad ass.

http://www.nittotire.com/index.html
I just got off the phone with the guy and the rims are stamped 19 X 10, and 18 X 8.5 so I should be good to go.
I'll probably pick them up tomorrow if they are okay.
The rims are aluminum, painted silver. I'll probably paint them black to go with the black rockers and black Hooker headers and side pipes. Thanks for the offer on the SS lugs. If he doesn't have them I'll talk to you.
I hope it doesn't take me too long to get the rubber bought and mounted. Money always seems to rear its ugly head
when projects are on the line. Check this thread, I'll be back.
Thanks for the info, I certainly appreciate it.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I just got off the phone with the guy and the rims are stamped 19 X 10, and 18 X 8.5 so I should be good to go.
I'll probably pick them up tomorrow if they are okay.
The rims are aluminum, painted silver. I'll probably paint them black to go with the black rockers and black Hooker headers and side pipes. Thanks for the offer on the SS lugs. If he doesn't have them I'll talk to you.
I hope it doesn't take me too long to get the rubber bought and mounted. Money always seems to rear its ugly head
when projects are on the line. Check this thread, I'll be back.
Thanks for the info, I certainly appreciate it.
Looking forward to seeing them blacked out. :devil:

You'll need 3.5" adapters for the rear and 2.75 for the front. :thumbsup: I put 3.75 on my rear and it's about .25 too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts