Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase a 383 long block. I would appreciate any input from anyone who has purchased a long block from a builder.

My goal is somewhere in the upper 300 HP range using the stock ported TPI system. This is my daily driver so I'm looking for good low end torque and reasonable street manners. I have nitrous on the car now and will retain it so I'm looking for a motor that will take a 100-150 shot without scattering parts. I suppose this means mostly forged internals and ring clearances set up for nitrous.

I'll also be installing a new converter and beefed up 700R4 so I would like to hear from anyone who has had good luck with a particular vendor/builder.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. I checked out FLP and they don't seem to do 700R4s. I am checking around at the local speed shops to see what shops they recommend.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Jim Sitton said:
Thanks Jeff. I checked out FLP and they don't seem to do 700R4s. I am checking around at the local speed shops to see what shops they recommend.
Did you call them? I know for a FACT they have done 700R4s. a friend had the one in his camaro done there when he had it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I bought my engine from www.allchevyengines.com it over a year with no issues at all. I purchased a 430hp crate engine & he allowed me to add things for minimal $....I added Dart pro 1 aluminum heads for $500.00 additional and he added a hyd roller cam setup for only $400 (regularly $800) . These guys are great to deal with....My car ran 12.66 @ 113 without even being dyno tuned yet!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Did you call them? I know for a FACT they have done 700R4s. a friend had the one in his camaro done there when he had it.
I know they do 700R4's (or, at least they did), not sure if it is advertised on their web site or not.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
383 long block....look at the GM crate engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts