Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
i would check xmfan.com. I am also curious as well to see the locations people have installed them

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've read that some are putting them on the bottom of the inside rear window.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I double sided taped mine to the top of the tail light inside the bumper cover. I get perfect reception, just as good as my truck with the antenna on the roof.

·
Registered
14 Posts
mines behind the tail light as well. My reception is choppy at times. I may move it to the inside top corner of my trunk (vert) or on the dash by the pillar next to HUD.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i had my xm one on the inside rear window with double sided tape. i may try the tail light idea. reception is ok, but the tape lets go after a while.

·
996 Posts
I mounted mine at the top of the back window on the OUTSIDE of the car using silicone.

I have heard that the location of the antenna can change the quality of the signal.

For best reception the antenna should be able to see the sky as well as not go through glass. My friend with a camaro said that his signal quality increased alot when he mounted his antenna on a metal body part, too bad we don't have any of those.

Although you can see the antenna from the outside on my car, the look is very subtle. I will snap a pic and post it for ya later today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts