Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sold my 1984 to my parents and my mother wants it to be her daily driver so she can park her Duramax. but she does not like the cherry bomb extremes that are on it right now. WAY to much drone she says. she still wants it to sound good she just doesnt want all that drone. what are some good sounding mufflers that do not have as much drone? the car is stock. right now it has cherry bomb extremes and no cat on it. thanks for any help!

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you want to spend the money on a no drone muffler, buy the corsa ($899-$1200). They sound badass and take away drone at the same time! :thumbsup:

Some people say muffler eliminators WITH a cat do just fine!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try to find a used cat back system in the classifieds, I still have the oem on mine, its rust free. You may need to replace that cat though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had this set up on my stock 1986 out stock exhaust manifolds to the pre cats then Stock main cat to Corvette Central rear Y with cross over tube then hooked up to a set of Magna Flow LT-1 tips.

I think it cost $300.00 for the complete cat back system Though CC it had a very quiet rummble to them No done at cruise.

It was to quiet for my taste I end up putting a full lenght headers with 1 Magna Flow 3 way cat thought the same cat back it louder some drone not bad at cuise speeds it loudest around 1800 RPM's at cruise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought the Corsas almost before the car, and had them on without cats and they might still be a little too loud and with a bit of drone for the user the car is going to have now.

It all changed completely when I finally put in all 3 cats (new generation) now it sounds just perfect at idle and low RPM and great at full throttle (in case you take it for a spin).

The only thing is they are probably more expensive then other solutions... Bbut the look awsome!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well corsa is alot more than what they are wanting to spend. they are just wanting to replace the mufflers not the whole system. just looking for something with a little less drone..i know it wont all go away. has anyone tried the Dynomax VT muffler? it seems like it would be a good muffler.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Magnaflow. The ONLY mufflers I will ever buy again. Little drone and a great note, on and off the pedal.

·
Registered
440 Posts
drone

Want a great way (cheap) way to get the drone out? After spending a bunch on mufflers and finally buying the quiet flow mufflers AI found there wasz still too much drone. I don't race my car so I pluggled the twi inside mufflers with steel wool I bought at Lowes. I bought the course and it still allows exhaust ...not much..out and what a difference .. I love it !!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Want a great way (cheap) way to get the drone out? After spending a bunch on mufflers and finally buying the quiet flow mufflers AI found there wasz still too much drone. I don't race my car so I pluggled the twi inside mufflers with steel wool I bought at Lowes. I bought the course and it still allows exhaust ...not much..out and what a difference .. I love it !!
i have seen people do that to ATV mufflers but never car mufflers. but i think they are set on getting the Dynomax VT mufflers

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had no cats and stock mufflers on my 94 added just a bit of growl and no drone...its also extremely cheap cause I found the mufflers on craigslist. Just my .02

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had no cats and stock mufflers on my 94 added just a bit of growl and no drone...its also extremely cheap cause I found the mufflers on craigslist. Just my .02
well it turns out my dad may be trading the car for a 57 chevy so he may not need the mufflers after all. but thanks everyone for yalls input!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts