Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've read through some of the previous threads that mention replacement tires. I've seen that loosing the runflats and going with some non-run flat would be a better replacement. I just want to get some recommendations on what tire would last longer than the Z51 original EMT and would the tire be available from the dealer or have to be obtained from some other business. I don't know of many trust worthy tire dealers in my area. If anyone close by Texarkana, tx knows of whom does good replacements I'm listening.

The desired tire is one that lasts a long time/mileage, rides better in ran than the slick Z51 tires, and is comparably inexpensive. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For non runflats:

BFG KDW2s better mileage, equal or better handling, better in the rain, much better ride, much better price. Of course you have to have a plan B if you get a flat.

Mich PS2: probably the best tire but costs more. Need Plan B for a flat tire

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
jmess said:
For non runflats:

BFG KDW2s better mileage, equal or better handling, better in the rain, much better ride, much better price. Of course you have to have a plan B if you get a flat.

Mich PS2: probably the best tire but costs more. Need Plan B for a flat tire

:agree:

Tirerack offers 9 selections, based on those, I agree with jmess :partyon:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why not go back with the OE Goodyear F1 EMT that is installed all all Corvettes except the RPO Z51 cars. They are less expensive than the Super Car tires, ride well, offer better all weather traction, and last twice as long. And since they are run flats, you won't need a roll back to pick you up if you get a flat! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
jdavis said:
Why not go back with the OE Goodyear F1 EMT that is installed all all Corvettes except the RPO Z51 cars. They are less expensive than the Super Car tires, ride well, offer better all weather traction, and last twice as long. And since they are run flats, you won't need a roll back to pick you up if you get a flat! :thumbsup:
That's what I just did. The combination of poor wet weather performance (can't operate at highway speeds in a real downpour) and short life led me to switch to the standard OEM F1s. The serious dry traction isn't nearly as good, but for street driving, they are perfect. One other thing - believe it, or not, the Supercars from the Z51 ride a little better... go figure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A place i really like for new tires is VictoriaTire.com they have a very wide selection(more than tire rack) and they are very friendy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
netviper said:
What is a typical length of time that vette tires last? My rear on the NSX was under 10K.
Depends on your driving habits. C6 Spercars last from 8,000 - 20,000 plus. Regular C6s should last well past 20,000 and unless you track the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts