Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If static electricity is what "clings" dust to our black paint, and static electricity is what draws it off onto our California Dusters, then what would it take to create an "Anti-Static Cling" device for black cars?

Nate...dusting several times a day...

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
You're speaking of static attraction of particulates in the air. What you need to think about is "static attraction repulsion reaction detraction." This is a scientific term used by the scientific community when they either ...
A: Paint their cars white..
B: rub them down with cling-free Bounce after a wash..
C: Wrap them in Saran wrap..
D: Never drive under 170 m.p.h.
I know this is probably not what you were looking for.....:lookinup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, My wife thinks that the Bounce idea is neat, but I like the 170mph idea better :thumbsup: !

Seriously though, at least I have the technical terminology now... a place to start.

Nate

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've always believed(known:D ) that black colored cars just simply show "more clearly" the "exact" same stuff (dust & dirt) that is actually present on "ALL" the other color cars out there.......think about it... black cars don't just show more dust than other color cars.. they show MORE of everything, More Dirt, More Grime, Fingerprints, Ect......push your finger print onto a sliver or white car and you can barely see it, do the same on a black car and it shows very easily, but in reality just as much of the finger print is on each car........and becides, 99% of all the cars paint jobs today are clearcoated thickly over any of their base colors.....the black color(pigment) itself underneath should have NO additional "static" type effect........someone please correct me If there's something Im missing here:huh: ...........Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Well, all I've got to say is black really is beautiful..... when it's clean...
I couldn't even conceive of having a black vehicle here in Arizona with the hot summers and all the dust we have..

I guess you could always consider only taking her out when it's raining..:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts