Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to start my rear end swap project and I'm looking for a reference photo of installed Tom's weld in safety loops. Anybody got one they can post?
:cheers:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Hey Ray,
I have a set of those, that Kevin took, but if I recall there is a clearence issue with the bolts and the battery box. You can contact Kevin and see what he found, I don't think he installed them.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I started to make a set and for the most part was pretty close to being done,
but because I have no time to spare I just bought a set of the drag vette safety
loops for $119. When you figure your time and the materials, it better just to buy
the set from drag vette. They were great to deal with.

Riggs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!!

After looking at the suspension set up details earlier today I decided to order a set of the bolt ons. Unfortunately I already have the Tom's too, so if anyone is interested in them they are for sale @ $60 for the pair including shipping within the US, drop me a PM if you are interested.

Hey Gary,
The snow finally melted enough to get my car over to Mike's lift yesterday and the old diff came out today. Your new 12 Bolt & TAs will be going in soon!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dragvette really did a great job with the halfshaft loops. I had to modify the driveshaft loop to get it to fit, but no such nonsense with the halfshaft loops. If you can afford them, they are worth the money. The build quality and fit are right on the money.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice looking set up.

I ordered the Van Steel ones since I'm using their off set TAs that eliminate the leaf spring and I wanted to be certain that the extra geometry on the TA did not interfere with loops. Last thing I need is 3 sets of loops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts