All of this ,depends on how much you are paying.Hey Everyone.
I had a picture update from the shop concerning my body off restoration. The pictures can be found here : http://users.telenet.be/FYM/corvette%20resto%202007/ The pictures concerning these questions are under the 08-05-2007 bodywork folder.
Before I make some silly remarks when talking to the body guy could any of you help me with these questions?
1) I suppose the whole body is sanded upto the bare polyester and then the gaps are tweaked? (fitment between bumpers and body, gaps around the doors)
2) Arn't normally the doors removed to have better access to the inner door wells for sanding?
3) Arn't the windows removed instead of masking them ?(as for example I have new seal strips to be mounted)
4) Why not remove the door handles and door locks and mask them when I have new door handles and locks to be assembled?
5) The rear silicone was glued in with silicone and someone did a very messy job + the polyester edge around the window was irregular, wouldn't you remove the window instead of masking it?
6) The corner near the rear door glass, wouldn't you remove all trim and weatherstrips before sanding?
7) The car is outside?
Maybe its just a panic rush because I dont know alot about it and the guy is renowned for jobs well done..
Thanks in advance,
If you are paying top dollar for this work,
then yes the issues you pointed out should be addressed.
But if you are getting this work done on the cheap,
then expect corners to be cut.
What did you agree with the bodyshop at the start of the project?