Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some more help from you guys who have installed new door panels. I need to locate the 2 upper screw holes. The one at the front of the panel has what looks to be a brass bushing which makes it easy to figure out. However the back hole is not marked at all! This is definately not in a location where you can do trial an error. I essentially have one shot to get it right. How did you guys locate mark and punch this hole? Also can anyone post a pic of the panel installed and if possible the back side of the panel at the rear top where this hole should be?

Thanks
Wade

·
Registered
31 Posts
I cut the head off a screw and ground that tip pointy. Screwed it into the metal door just enough so that the point made a mark on the back of the panel when I lined it up to dry fit it. There's your drilling mark!
Eddie

·
I use man gel
4,402 Posts
put the screw in the other way..

be a hell of a lot easier to find the dimple on the backside of the panel without having to screw with the tip

·
Registered
798 Posts
put the screw in the other way..

be a hell of a lot easier to find the dimple on the backside of the panel without having to screw with the tip
Hey Corz - hadn't seen you post in a while on either site - good to see you are "active" again :cheers:

·
I use man gel
4,402 Posts
yeah, I'm keeping a low profile these days.

I dont wanna clusterf**k this guys thread with drama though.. so I'll just keep it at that

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!! These suggestions are great! One more question. Are the screws that go throught the DP in these locations chrome, SS or black and do they use a flat washer or one of those that look like a button with a recessed hole in the middle. I have looked at the AIM and various catalog pics and I cannot tell which. When I bought the car it came with an interior screw kit but no indication of what goes where or who it was bought from so I hate to buy more screws if I already have what is needed.

Thanks again!
Wade

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
...Are the screws that go throught the DP in these locations chrome, SS or black and do they use a flat washer or one of those that look like a button with a recessed hole in the middle. I have looked at the AIM and various catalog pics and I cannot tell which....
Door panel trim screws are usually stainless (bright, anyway) or chrome. AIM should show the washers under the screws if they were used. FWIW: I used them as insurance on my door panels.

:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts