Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some photoshopping of what I want my car to look like, but I'm kind of in doubt on the rear wing. I never really cared for all kinds of wings but somehow this one kind of looks nice.

What do you guys say?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm not a wing fan. I'd vote no to any wing.

Edited. I must have been cross eyed on the original post.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Id pick the spoiler over the wing. But in the end its what you like the best that counts. You like it Go for it.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I love wings. I'd like to see you flatten out the molded spoiler a little then put the wing on. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
i like either one,but im not a big fan of wings but that one looks good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you do the wing you need to change the rear pannel to pre-78,

personally I would not do a wing at all.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate the 74-79 rear, guess I won't do a wing, I'd rather have just the 80-82 rear.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
The flares and ground effects look okay but the wing looks like crap. Wings belong on planes and ricers

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I think I won't do a wing either. It may look okay in that pic but I have never seen a wing on a vette (in real life) that I liked, all of them look awful.

..no wing it is :D

·
Banned
291 Posts
normally i'm anti wing big time, but that doesn't look too bad.

just make sure to ditch the bubble lights tho:laughing:

either way, it looks pretty mean
:partyon:

·
Registered
198 Posts
my spoiler project

Marck...This is what I've been playing with for quite some time now. You can see what I had to work with initially.....it came with the car as a throw away item......and I've been repairing/modifying it since. It was actually my first attempt at any sort of fibreglass work.

This is the basic shape I was after and is as it stands today. When it'll be finished I have no idea.:lookinup:

I have to say tho that the ground effects on that car look great with the flares, but the wing just doesn't cut it.

Bob

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Originally posted by norvalwilhel ...<br>
I don't like the wing at all but love the tire rim combination.:laughing:<br>
Those are my actual rims, I have 16x12 rims in the rear and 16 x11 in the front but I'll turn them to 16x10 (they're modular wheels and I can go all kinds of sizes, have 5 wheels and 6 additional rim halves in diff. sizes)

Here's my wheels on the car they came off: (big inspiration there LOL)

I found a way to ship those hoosiers (finally) so I'm definitely gonna order some 31x16.5x16 hoosiers :)

Brutus,

that's a real nice job you did on the bumper there, I got a new bumper because mine was smashed up too (hit by a phord) I'll have to see what to do with the rear, maybe I'll leave it stock, just bond the rear bumper to the body (never cared for all those seams everywhere)

As for the bubble lights, yeah YUCK! They are not going on, don't have them. They were in the picture I used to photoshop. I have 4 regular brake/cornering lights in there (who needs backup lamps), never liked the bubble lenses.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Your photoshop concepts are great!

I am going to go against the grain here... I say go with the wing, but get a brushed or polished adjustable wing to go with the finish on your wheels.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alu wings = ricer :)

The guys from Thunder racing in germany (they drive a frank riedel prepared 69 Corvette, some people may have seen it at http://www.thunder-racing.de ) have a huge rear wing that would probably be overkill, but it's functional and originally a Porsche RSR item. I think it's quite pricey too AND you need a subframe under the body to distribute the load, a wing of that magnitute will deliver enough force to rip through the fiber glass.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Originally posted by TwinTurbo ...<br>
alu wings = ricer :)

The guys from Thunder racing in germany (they drive a frank riedel prepared 69 Corvette, some people may have seen it at http://www.thunder-racing.de ) have a huge rear wing that would probably be overkill, but it's functional and originally a Porsche RSR item. I think it's quite pricey too AND you need a subframe under the body to distribute the load, a wing of that magnitute will deliver enough force to rip through the fiber glass.<br>
That car is Bad ass!!! :surprised

1 - 20 of 33 Posts