Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find what Chevrolet these body and engine numbers are from?
Engine #1587H3N164460
Frame number 11739T44054
serial number 3100901675010
Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:huh:
I'll get this right in a minute......................:rolleyes:
If I don't edit it to death.

serial number 3100901675010 ?????????????????????????

My GM Vin book only goes back to '72...........'72-'99.
But it shows that from '72 to '79 Vin's starting with "3" to be Oldsmobile.
The second digit should be a Letter not number ( at least in this time frame).
The 6th digit is year........."0" would be '70 Maybe '60 but not '80 because
they started using Letters to indicate year then.

Starting in 1981 Vin's where 17 digits.
Starting in 1985 the "3" would mean Mexico Built.

Can you provide a little more info???????????

·
Registered
84 Posts
All the info is there, just a bit mixed up. The SN is the one I decoded, the number that ends in 010 is the 350 block casting number. I havent been able to crack the frame number yet..:huh:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Can't help much. The N is the assembly plant code for Norwood (CA). The 1 indicates it's a Chevrolet, 87 is sport coupe.

Can't remember what they made at Norwood, but could be anything from a Camaro to an Impala to a Nova.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwood_Assembly

;)

Norwood was the F-body assy plant, located right outside of Cincinnati, OH. Camaros and Firebirds were built there untill the late 80's. Now torn down and replaced by a shopping center:thud:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to keep you all in the dark on these numbers. Here in Thailand it is illegal to import a car over three years old, Unless it came threw an Embassy, Thai student returning with personal effects or a person moving from another country and must have owned more than two years and applied for entry within the first year here.

Now all of the above are law but the Customs mafia usually finds ways to confiscate the cars anyways then auction them off for big profits (that the Customs offices gets 40% of)

So need less to say classic cars are real expensive and Corvettes are no exceptions. A friend has an 81 automatic vette that I helped him get rebuilt that he has over $106,000. in it now and he wants to sell it due to not using it. So he asked me to get it cleaned up and to sell it for him.

There are nearly 75 C3 in the country and only 10% have correct books (pink) So someone smuggled them in years ago.
Although his book says it is a Chevrolet I am trying to find out if the book itself is real Chevrolet.

I know it’s not for a Corvette but what is it?????

BTW, a POS 81 over here sells for $40,000. Even with a funny book.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Norwood was the F-body assy plant, located right outside of Cincinnati, OH. Camaros and Firebirds were built there untill the late 80's. Now torn down and replaced by a shopping center:thud:
I read that it was closed because of Union problems.:WTF

·
Registered
512 Posts
I read that it was closed because of Union problems.:WTF

They had union problems in the 70's (remember the strike delayed 70 1/2 Camaro). The plant was just too old when assembly techniques switched from body on frame cars to unibody. They tried but the body welding for the 82-92 was poorly automated due to the lack of space in the building.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They had union problems in the 70's (remember the strike delayed 70 1/2 Camaro). The plant was just too old when assembly techniques switched from body on frame cars to unibody. They tried but the body welding for the 82-92 was poorly automated due to the lack of space in the building.
I think the plant closure way due more to the antiquated and ancient facility and equipment that they had there, than with the union. Many of the employees went to work at the Saturn plant in Tennessee.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think the plant closure way due more to the antiquated and ancient facility and equipment that they had there, than with the union. Many of the employees went to work at the Saturn plant in Tennessee.
I didn't say they closed due to union problems and I did say that the facilities were outdated. Not sure what you mean here, I think we both said the exact same thing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I figured Id repost this since I think everyone missed it.:smack
I caught your note and will have the car with me next week and will check the numbers better then. Thanks:thumbsup:

BTW, I had a tour of the Norwood plant back in 78 when I was in the Cincy street rod club. Interesting how they had Camaros and firebirds on the same line and the parts met up at the right car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts