Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Texas y’all. I need some help from everyone. My father just passed away and I inherited his C6 ZO6. I guess he just decided to not tell me about the shop that did the initial “work” on the car. He took it to a shop called Horsepower Engineering in Houston TX. I have found quite a few threads on here with people who have nothing but problems from them. My father was in the same boat. He paid for all brand new parts (KATECH clutch, Cam, all new valvetrain, RPM level 5 tranny), basically an FBO car with a bunch of odds and ends and the tranny too. It was around 15k give or take in the end. I wondered why he never drove it, and now I know. I drove the thing 2 times and the clutch seemed like it was toast. My Dad only put 89 miles on it before he died. I took it to LMR in Houston and they took it all apart. Every single item we paid for had been used. Not just used but they all must have come out of the owners C6 race car because they were all toast. The new clutch and tranny they sold us looked like a tie dye T shirt. So much heat it was 100 different colors. They never put in any of the valve train components just a big cam. Stock everything else. The RPM tranny must have had 1000 passes on it and I had to completely rebuild it. Long story short he bought new everything and just threw the old race car parts in, and our parts went into the race car. My Dad was older and kinda old school just trusting people on their word. They took him for over 15k and then apparently closed up shop.

If anyone knows where these people are now, please reach out to me so I can take care of it. There’s not too much worse than seeing your father, a man of almost infinite integrity get completely screwed over and Die without getting to enjoy the one thing he wanted most after retiring. He worked 30 years with DPS and Texas State Police never spending a dime on himself. Then finally retires to to spend all he had on a Vette he never got to drive but a few times before it was toast. I would appreciate any and all information y’all can give.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,449 Posts
That ought to help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts